Troubleshooting engine stall

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by mountainman1477, Aug 10, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

1. mountainman1477

mountainman1477

I came in off the highway yesterday and at the first light my 06 LC stary d to run rough and I could get any rpm when I gave it gas. At first I thought it was the throttle position sensor. After I limped off the road it died and won't keep running after cranking over. After calling a tow truck she fired up and I was able to drive another 20 miled before having the same problem after coming down from speed into a traffic circle. After ten minutes it will fire up. This morning I'm putting a new gas cap as it won't click anymore so it may have a negative vacuum from not breathing. Also going to put a ecu relay in. Tapped the cats didn't hear anything rattling. Any other thoughts? not lights or anything from the ob2.

2. Dwight S

Dwight S

Media:
    Albums:
    Check for corroded battery connections. Including the joint on the positive at the battery/ fuse block.

3. 87warrior

87warrior SILVER Star

Pull the codes to see if there are any 'Pending' codes stored. Pending codes indicate issues that have not occurred regularly enough to trigger a CEL.

4. ScubaJon

ScubaJon

Albums:
    when my 2000 started just shutting off in hot weather. I read all I could find on the problem. With 230K on the LC I started with the most common thing in regards to what it was doing.

Changed the fuel pump and filter No help

cleaned the MAF and Throttle body No help

I was not getting any codes so trying to trouble shoot what coil pack it might be I bought a set of 8 of the cheap knock offs and changed all 8 along with the plugs. All 8 packs looked good all the plugs looked like they were burning clean but 2 had tips that were wore down.

Problem has been gone for a month now and it was at multiple times a day. So knock on wood its fixed :).

If I had to guess I think the plugs were the problem but it could also have been the coils or it may still be lurking waiting for me to be 100 miles out in the middle of no where

Under throttle the car was fine it only shut off when at a stop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.