Troopy won't start (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I have a VJD diesel with a problem. Every now and then she will shut down then she turns over but wont start. After a minute or two there is an audible clicking sound behind the motor like something reseting and she fire and runs like nothing happed. Has anyone had this problem maybe steer me in the direction i could look. Cheers

Check you battery connections first, make sure that they are tight.
Most likely a ground issue caused by the glow system engaging and you turning the key. Try allowing the glow system to ramp down before hitting the starter.

It's spring/summertime in Australia no? I can't imagine it being glow related, especially when it was already running, then just stalls.

You won't find many folks in NA that will have much VJD experience, however, diesels are diesels, and I would suspect your fuel cutoff for when you shut down the engine with the key.

The "click" you hear could be the glows cutting in or out, but it could also be the fuel cutoff solenoid. Check those connects, and perhaps test the solenoid itself. Best of luck on troubleshooting this one!! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom