TRD Supercharger specs and info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ORDERED THE SUPERCHARGER TODAY FOR THE FJC FROM TOYOTA TERRITORY SHIPPED TO MY DOOR FOR 3800. IT WONT BE UNTIL NEXT WEEK BEFORE THEY GET THE MAIN SUPERCHARGER IN THOUGH. IT WAS CHEAPER TO BUY IT FROM THEM THAN THE DEALER I WORK AT:doh:

Went to PDX Tuning today, great people!
My Fj dyno'd @ 259 hp and 273 ft/lbs.
That's 79 more horses than their stock '07 TRD and 69 ft/lbs!
They use the Mustang dyno, and call it the heartbreaker, as it gives a lower and truer reading than the Jet dyno.
All who witnessed it were impressed, and added the TRD Supercharger onto the "must have" list.
Will post report when I get it scanned into PC.
-Bill

Did you make a mistake when you were typing the dyno numbers? The stock 4.0L puts out 239hp and 278lbs of torque. This can't be correct. You should be at 310 or 315hp with the supercharger.

Did you make a mistake when you were typing the dyno numbers? The stock 4.0L puts out 239hp and 278lbs of torque. This can't be correct. You should be at 310 or 315hp with the supercharger.

This is hp measured at the wheels, in 4 wheel drive.
As a comparison, the shop's TRD FJ Cruiser was previously dyno @ 180 hp and 204 ft/lbs.

These are real numbers not manufacturerer's claims.

Also note the "heartbreaker comment"

The Manufacturer measures HP at the crank, before it even enters the transmission. As billybongo63 said, the numbers he's giving is what actually makes it to the wheels after it goes threw the transmission, transfer-case, differentials, wheel hubs, etc., and on a dyno that doesn't try to fudge the numbers.

Went to PDX Tuning today, great people!
My Fj dyno'd @ 259 hp and 273 ft/lbs.
That's 79 more horses than their stock '07 TRD and 69 ft/lbs!
They use the Mustang dyno, and call it the heartbreaker, as it gives a lower and truer reading than the Jet dyno.
All who witnessed it were impressed, and added the TRD Supercharger onto the "must have" list.
Will post report when I get it scanned into PC.
-Bill

that is super sweet, r u still planning to remap your chip?
are you going to syno again after.

and those numbers look like they are very conservative on toyta site huh?

they advertise mor lik 60 hp and you got nearly 80,

can i beg to tear around the parking lot at next years mcgrew

Supercharged FJC vs Stock TRD FJC

vbpgimage.php

Supercharger sounds great but will the FJ pass state emission test with it installed?

Supercharger sounds great but will the FJ pass state emission test with it installed?

It's CARB and 50 state compliant, AFAIK, otherwise Toyota wouldn't sell it.

Thanks, that makes it just about perfect!

The $3,750 price is pretty good for the S/C and install kit. Their web site says it comes with new injectors.

Installation time is approximately 6 hours .
Installation instructions are included, along with new injectors and Denso Iridium spark plugs.

Hey Dan, what does a set of injectors and Iridium plugs for the 4.0L V6 cost?

-B-

Last edited:
A new TRD supercharger and fit kit is sitting at American Toyota right now for a customer who is buying a new one.

It's a BIG box (2 boxes actually).

I have no idea who is getting it or how much it costs (AmToy will be, presumably, installing it).

my father and i just installed the supercharger this weekend. it takes about 2 days or one long day to install if being carefull and clean with the install. some of the directions are not the greatest.

Prob buying an FJ tomorrow. Really need to know if there are any particular engine related short/long term problems w/ sticking one in an FJ w/ a manual Tranny.

Anyone have one in an FJ w/ a manual tranny?

That was my question too. I was referred to Demello off road for the Supercharger. I will be checking it out. What about gas mileage? Will it effect the already crappy gm?

What about gas mileage? Will it effect the already crappy gm?

Of course it will. More power requires more fuel. Your fuel bill will further increase because you will need to run premium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom