TRD SC Fan position vs stock (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To do the front spacer on the Aisin, new studs are needed, Dorman M6 water pump studs work well.
aisin_1.JPG

Make spacers on the lathe, these are ~.220" also have to center the fan by eye.
aisin_2.JPG

Close, but good to go.
aisin_3.JPG

Last edited:
Base spacers made on the lathe, ~.200".
spacer_1.JPG

Mocked up, with this setup the Eaton doesn't need the clearance chop. This works on Eaton or Aisin clutches.
spacer_2.JPG

Stock studs are too short, so Dorman m8 water pump stud kit.
spacer_3.JPG

Close, but good spacing to the shroud, works well, makes the fan talk, no doubt when the clutch is on.
spacer_4.JPG

Starting with the 3FE fan and more so with this type, getting to the tensioner to remove/install the belt became more of a challenge. So inkpot and I designed a tool. The first one was kinda crude, learned from it, angle wrong, etc.
wrench_2.jpg

The second one works very well, it's needed tool for any supercharger owner's tool kit. Makes belt changing easy. Wits-End is now supplying them. 1FZ SuperCharger Wrench and SuperCharger wrench
wrench_1.jpg

Last edited:
so I drove for 2 days now and the truck no longer overheating - wow what a difference in the temperature when the fan is 1/3 out the shroud .
Nice I have a orange fan clutch inbound

To do the front spacer on the Aisin, new studs are needed, Dorman M6 water pump studs work well.
View attachment 1730306

Make spacers on the lathe, these are ~.220" also have to center the fan by eye.
View attachment 1730310
Close, but good to go.
View attachment 1730311
where can I get this spacer - I got orange clutch from WitsEnd it was working well then the bearing inside just failed . multiple times I call WitsEnd to get this part replaced as I payed $400 . each time he told me he will do it and till this day I have not got anything from Witsend , just a warm promise. Looks like they are pretty bad bout this things. So I need this spacer so I can just use my blue clutch. TY in advance.

where can I get this spacer - I got orange clutch from WitsEnd it was working well then the bearing inside just failed . multiple times I call WitsEnd to get this part replaced as I payed $400 . each time he told me he will do it and till this day I have not got anything from Witsend , just a warm promise. Looks like they are pretty bad bout this things. So I need this spacer so I can just use my blue clutch. TY in advance.
wow wtf that was fast.

the spacers I used can be ordered from McMaster (my approach was to space out between the fan and clutch)

8MM Aluminum space McMaster 94669A172
and I used 'cone' screws McMaster 90258A288

wow wtf that was fast.
well I got it with a defected bearing , I notice on the second day when I install it , told WitsEnd 4 times , each time he told me he will take care of this problem , but o well.

well I got it with a defected bearing , I notice on the second day when I install it , told WitsEnd 4 times , each time he told me he will take care of this problem , but o well.
Joey has been busy with turbos, and blender and such BUT Im sure he will make good on the clutch, because that would be a bad biz if not.

WTF did I miss? The last message I got was that you thought the bearing was bad so I had another sent out. I do not physically send these out. I don’t do the machining on them. If it doesn’t arrive then seriously I need a text, call, email or anything saying “hey dumb****, where is my part”.

But I suppose finding a thread on here complaining is just as good since I eventually found it. Ugh.

If it’s bad please ship it back to me ASAP. I cannot get credit for it unless I have the unit. In the meantime I need to understand what failed on my end AND get you a replacement. This is literally THE first time any of the clutches had an issue so it’s virgin territory.

And btw, “pretty bad about these things”? I’d love to hear more. I’ve never been accused of not taking care of bad/defective/malfunctioning parts...until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom