Transmission solenoids 1993 TLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I would like to get any information available about changing transmission solenoids on a 1993 80 series. I live in Houston, if anyone can recommend a shop that specializes in 80 series transmission issues please let me know. I have a repair shop so I can have my mechanics do it, I've been told its a relatively easy job. Please help with any information. Thanks.

It's like 20 bolts to do it. Stupid easy. ANY shop can do it. Takes about 30 minutes or so.

It's like 20 bolts to do it. Stupid easy. ANY shop can do it. Takes about 30 minutes or so.
I am haveing a hard time finding the solenoids though. any recommendations ? and does it take 3 or 4 solenoids?

Shift 1 and 2- D49422A - Isuzu 8-97202072-0 Transmission Solenoid, Shift 1 & 2 (90 degree Bracket) | eBay

Lockup- D49425A - Isuzu 8-97202073-0 Transmission Solenoid, Lockup (Torque Converter Clutch - | eBay

Timing- D49421A - Isuzu 8-97202074-0 Transmission Solenoid, Timing (2 Hole Bracket) AW450-43LE | eBay

you need 2 of the first one.

i have a few sunroofs but shipping might be too much. 150 plus whatever it cost to ship it
i appreciate it. i may have to get in touch when i am passing by GA to pick up sunroof. my glass is cracked and thats the only problem.

i have a buddy on here that lives in VA but is from TX and goes back to visit family a few times a year. he will often take parts for me along the way for a small fee.

@ArkhamZ

i have a buddy on here that lives in VA but is from TX and goes back to visit family a few times a year. he will often take parts for me along the way for a small fee.

@ArkhamZ
ok sounds good. ill follow up once i get this transmission issue behind me. who knows i may need a transmission before i need the sunroof.

the odds of needing a transmission are so slim. i haul them to the scrapper. nobody ever buys them.

Shift 1 and 2- D49422A - Isuzu 8-97202072-0 Transmission Solenoid, Shift 1 & 2 (90 degree Bracket) | eBay

Lockup- D49425A - Isuzu 8-97202073-0 Transmission Solenoid, Lockup (Torque Converter Clutch - | eBay

Timing- D49421A - Isuzu 8-97202074-0 Transmission Solenoid, Timing (2 Hole Bracket) AW450-43LE | eBay

i have a few sunroofs but shipping might be too much. 150 plus whatever it cost to ship it
so are these are isuzu parts that fit toyota? I am confused because it says isuzu in front of the part your are recommending.

Good info, I'm going to get a full set just to have on hand. 👍

And those parts were very cheap on ebay...only $27.04 for all 4 solenoids, appreciate your recommendation. Many are selling these for $100/ piece. I found one place that was selling all 4 for $100 but they didn't have it in inventory.....under $30 is awesome.

so are these are isuzu parts that fit toyota? I am confused because it says isuzu in front of the part your are recommending.

yes same solenoids for a Toyota a442. you could also look at upgrading the valve body with the extreme unit from cruiser brothers as another option but the valve body is around the 1100$ mark

So the isuzu timing solenoid is a 2 hole bracket but not the oem one. It's just a1 hole. Does it fit okay?

So the isuzu timing solenoid is a 2 hole bracket but not the oem one. It's just a1 hole. Does it fit okay?
They all should fit just try to fit it, you should have 2 of one kind and 2 of another

If you have the right solenoids the brackets will match exactly what comes out. 2 of the 4 are the same solenoid, then 1 each of a different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom