Transmission recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Merry Christmas all,

I am new to the forum community. I will say I have been relying on the forums for many questions or issues I have run into but, I believe I have an issue that I haven’t seen on here.

With that said I am in need of a transmission and wanted to reach out to see if anyone has any recommendations for a reasonably priced transmissions for a 2009 gx470. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Merry Christmas all,

I am new to the forum community. I will say I have been relying on the forums for many questions or issues I have run into but, I believe I have an issue that I haven’t seen on here.

With that said I am in need of a transmission and wanted to reach out to see if anyone has any recommendations for a reasonably priced transmissions for a 2009 gx470. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Found this site a year ago but no idea if these are legit or not. A750F Transmission for Sale, Remanufactured Rebuilt - https://spprecision.com/products/a750f-transmission-sale.html

A Toyota remanufactured transmission is $2,605 from McGeorge:

You could also try to get a local dealer to match the price to save on shipping. Presumably these are remanufactured by a 3rd party for Toyota, but they should still have some level of Toyota QA/QC and associated warranty.

Why do you need to replace the transmission on your '09? What are the problems? I have an '08 and the transmission is my least favorite part of the truck. I'd love to swap out for the 460's transmission.

Upgrading the valve body on the A750F makes it a lot more lively and modern-feeling. It's definitely a worthwhile (albeit expensive) mod for a 470 that is loaded up or sees towing. Mine shifts nice and firm now, holds gears longer, doesn't gear hunt, etc. I can't imagine driving a stock A750F again. Part-throttle downshifts are still a bit laggy, however.

Sorry I don’t get notifications so just seeing everything now.
@Rednexus i keep getting told that Toyotas A750F is different and won’t work not sure if it’s a sensor thing or something else but nobody is showing it as compatible (not even Toyota or Lexus). It’s a pain to find a remanufactured unit in stock for the GX.
@estoddart transmission line got a crack and caused fluid to pore out and now I can’t get back any gears except reverse.

I’m almost at the point to just part out what I got in it and call it a lost. Every shop I’ve talked to want 6k to rebuild which seems outrageous compared to what the whole car is worth. I could buy a whole other GX at that point.

Good news,

Got a new tranny installed this week and my ol' girl is back on the road! I won't talk about how much it cost though lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom