Transmission hump problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 73 build FJ40 that original came with a 3speed and I changed it over to a 4speed. I ended up buying a 4speed transmission hump for a diesel 40 and tried to install it today and couldn’t get all the bolt holes lined up. I tried different ways to install the bolts with no luck. At one point I thought the thing was twisted or it could be. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what was the results?
I was noticed that the hole for the transmission were the shifter goes into wasn’t center to the hole in the hump. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Cimarron
8CCF3B59-5148-45F7-A8B9-2CD741D8A4A4.jpeg
C426602F-984C-4F06-B85E-1D78B154CE30.jpeg

over the 40 years I’ve had mine the hump has been off and back on numerous times. I usually have to use an ice pick to get bolt holes aligned working it a little on each side til they all go back. Also use extra long bolts to pull it together then replace with the regular length (16mm I think)

there are differences in the floor thru the years, also your floor looks like it has had some work done to it

Thanks! I’m not sure if it has are not. I had a 3speed transmission hump at first when I dropped the block and trans and transfer and and didn’t have that big gap. I replaced the 3speed because the transmission hole didn’t line up with 4speed. I’ll take a better look tomorrow and see if it did have work done to it.

if you have both humps, you should be able to compare the 2 and see if there are differences

Wish I could. I sold the other one towards the end of last year. I plan on meeting another mud member tomorrow and compare his 4speed to mine and see.

So the holes DID line up?

After installing the tranny hump I have some areas that doesn’t seal very well and would like some advice how I can fix it. The screws that hold it down has already gone all the way throw the nut so running a longer nut want help. I’ll attach some pictures.
Thanks,
Cimarron
45641607-9754-48EF-8541-C0225F2959BB.jpeg
37BBE32F-0934-4B09-A013-DFADA64914EB.jpeg
0619179C-E73B-48C5-8ECC-E9B5B7292CD7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom