(Transition Complete!) Construction Zone: Hard Hat Required (SOA project pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re:(Another Update!) Construction Zone: Hard Hat Required (SOA project pics)

Um,...Ben,

This may be coming a bit late, but, Are you gonna be able to get it out of the garage? ::)

D-

:D Ya, we were wonderin' 'bout that one since the begining of the project... We are thinking it will make it on some old junker tires that have all the air out of them. If not, then we're gonna rig up some sort of low-to-the-ground wheel dollies. But it's defintely too tall for any tires with air in them...

Here are some pics of the new shoes we picked up today, lots better.

35" MTR's.

Re:(Transition Complete!) Construction Zone: Hard Hat Required (SOA project pic

She measures 72 inches tall and 72 inches wide...should drop a tiny bit after a couple of rally's on some dirt roads. How tall do you think the garage door is? Nope, sorry, 74 inches!!! Can you believe she fit out the damn door? :D

we'll keep our eyes open for you.
you play in the unitas or where?

I had to see what it looked like comin' outta the door, so I let bad arse Mike B drive her the rest of the way out. He thinks he's pretty bad doesn't he? ::) :flipoff2:

[quote author=rusmannx link=board=1;threadid=4378;start=msg38510#msg38510 date=1062865889]
we'll keep our eyes open for you.
you play in the unitas or where?
[/quote]

Mostly wheel up here in the Wasatch-Cache mountain area. But I'm hopin' to cruise all around with her now. There's a few bugs we still have to work out, but we're gonna have her ready to cruise down for a run with the WC next Saturday. Once Mike B finishes his 40, and we get Cody some more clearance as well, we should be doin' a lot more adventures. We'll post up in the trail section when we are gonna run some trails... Hope to see ya 'round.

Looks good dude, looks good. You're goona love the 35s and clearance. It'll feel wierd at first.

So, the brakes are squishy, the TREs baaaaaarely clear the sides of the tires, and somethins clunkin' around in the rear--but other than that she's done.

Brakes should be fine after a good bleedin'.

The TREsa are too close for comfort to the tires--probably barely get a penny in between there--and that's with 1/4 wheel spacers... My wheels have 3.75 bs. I wanted to get some 2.5 inch bs rims anyway so I could have a little wider stance, but most places either no longer make them or it takes like three damn weeks to get them (if I would thought of it at the beginning of the project, I would been fine with orderin' them, but now, I don't wanna wait around for wheels...). So, I searched around and found that Rock Buggy Supply has aluminum wheel spacers for like half the price of every other place--so I called 'em up and got some 1.5 inch spacers for front and rear. She'll have a nice stance after that.

We're not quite sure what the clunking, scraping type noise is--but it's comin' from the rear for sure. Thinking maybe we didn't put the pinion flange on correctly and the pinion isn't setting qutie right...

Oh, also have to still wire the front locker, run the extended breather hoses, and install the rear locker in the rear FF when it finally gets here.... :mad: and build a rear traction bar (but I'm hopin' to do that also after the rear FF arrives).

Whatch'ya think?

if you ever get down into the manti la-sals.
this is where we play.

that thing is awesome. I agree on needing a wider stance and look forward to seeing how it performs offroad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom