Transfer case options for 4L60E in a 40

Hey guys,

Im gearing everything up to drop a 5.3L LM7 mated with a 4L60E transmission into my 76 FJ40. My rig didn't come with a drivetrain at all, so I do not have the original T-case. I am trying to figure out what transfer case I should buy to finish this swap with. I will be using the stock axles with passenger side offset diffs, and my axles are in the original stock position. I have scoured this site but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to go with. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

jfz80

Spicy
SILVER Star

@orangefj45 at valley hybrids will build you a slick 60 series split case setup with the 4l60 adapter if that's the way you wanna go. Opens up some gearing options and keeps the offset.

S4Cruiser

SILVER Star

@orangefj45 at valley hybrids will build you a slick 60 series split case setup with the 4l60 adapter if that's the way you wanna go. Opens up some gearing options and keeps the offset.
Yep...and I actually have this exact drivetrain (2wd 4l65e AA adapter to splitcase) new/newly rebuilt if you're interested...PM me. I was going to run this but decided to add a np203 doubler so I now need a 4wd 4l65e trans.

You'll want to maybe consider adding to your wheelbase unless you do not care about a short rear driveshaft. You'll also Definitley want to place the v8 forward to give you as much room as possible for your rear DS.

kcustom73

Stretched it...
SILVER Star

I would vote for the 60 series splitcase also. They are considered stronger the one piece 40 cases. I have one behind a 4l80e in my 40.

Downey

If interested in a 3 speed transfer-case (which has lower gears), then you could check out my ebay #262541590093 (which actually works with 700R4 or 4L60E).

Top Bottom