"Trailer Taillight Converter" = Unobtainium? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I've been debugging my trailer lights, and I believe that the Toyota OEM Trailer Taillight Converter (see photos) has died.

My wiring is fine, and the taillights, brake and turn signal lights work just fine on the truck, so I think it must be the converter. I found the converter by tracing the trailer wiring, which goes up into the rear quarter panel passenger side. I popped out the interior panel, and there was the converter. Weird, it has no part number on it, but it is clearly OEM, with molex connections and everything.

I called the dealership, and he can't find anything called a "Trailer Taillight Converter" in his catalog.

Does anyone know where I can acquire one of these?

Thanks!

-Muddy1 IMG_3200.jpg IMG_3201.jpg IMG_3202.jpg

Hi guys, I've been debugging my trailer lights, and I believe that the Toyota OEM Trailer Taillight Converter (see photos) has died.

My wiring is fine, and the taillights, brake and turn signal lights work just fine on the truck, so I think it must be the converter. I found the converter by tracing the trailer wiring, which goes up into the rear quarter panel passenger side. I popped out the interior panel, and there was the converter. Weird, it has no part number on it, but it is clearly OEM, with molex connections and everything.

I called the dealership, and he can't find anything called a "Trailer Taillight Converter" in his catalog.

Does anyone know where I can acquire one of these?

Thanks!

-Muddy1View attachment 933615 View attachment 933616 View attachment 933617
Check Leonard USA. They were prepared to provide one when they installed my hitch but they found the original (covered in mud and dirt), wiped it clean and it worked fine. The one they priced for me was Item #THA-56130 @$44.99.

arcteryx here on MUD (=CruiserYard) probably has a used one for sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom