Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's been over a year with me looking for a 100 series donor. I've even offered free armor and have had plenty of people say yes, but never follow through. Main issue is I need the rig for about 3 weeks to really dig in. It takes a lot of time to do it right, make templates, jigs and documents and photograph every step of the way.
Jason

Did you get someone lined up for the armor measurements? Three weeks is a while to be without a rig but if you still need help with this let me know and I can probably sort something out.

Did you get someone lined up for the armor measurements? Three weeks is a while to be without a rig but if you still need help with this let me know and I can probably sort something out.

Yes, I have a few guys that are signed up and measurements have been received. I am finalizing the mount drawings this week.

All racks are bent out, rails are cut to length and notched. I will be bending slider tube and making frame legs in my spare time over the next week or two. I even have an AHC slider participant.

Jason

Slider rub rails and racks are all bent out for the R&D group.

Adjustable mount design will go to the laser cutter on Friday for production.

J

P1110418.JPG
2016-01-13_15-46-04.jpg

Design of the rack mounts are sent off to the laser cutter. I should have an approval review on them this coming week.

All main rails for the sliders are cut, u-bolts should be close to being finished up and shipped out by the end of next week, waiting on final confirmation on the rub rail to main rail gusset plates.

Things are coming together nicely. Thanks again for all the interest.

Jason

Sorry for the bad pics, there is 1/2" of ice up the drive and to the shop... Just grabbed them and got them indoors. Nothing like busting your A$$ on ice carrying 4 of these rails. OUCH!

HA! all part of the job............... :confused:

A few sets of main rails mitered and ready for build.

J

P1110461.JPG
P1110459.JPG

ouch, probably not gonna make it out there anytime soon. If you ever find yourself thirsty in kalamazoo- look me up i'll buy you a beer.

in the meantime im excited too see what you come up with for the hundy!

I'm really looking forward to seeing a roof rack prototype

I'm really looking forward to seeing a roof rack prototype

The racks themselves will be exactly like my other series racks. The mounts will be an adjustable pedestal style. 6 mounts per rack system. I've been back and forth all day with my laser company on the mounts and the slider tread plates.

The tread plates will be offered as a under belly skid or as a top foot tread. Customer has the option.

Jason

Mount and center slider tread/skid

100 Mount.jpg
center tread.jpg

End tread/skids

end tread.jpg

Just heard back from the laser cutters. It will be 3 weeks on everything I've ordered for the sliders and racks. They said they would push every chance they get for me. As soon as the order is complete I will drive to Salt Lake and pick it up.

Looks like from where I have things sitting now, I will need 3-5 days to complete the 5 racks and 4 sets of sliders for the R&D group. Once I get the parts in, QC-dimension the parts and build out. I will continue to update as I build and ship.

Thanks,

Jason

any renders of what the sliders would look like? I know.. I'm antsy to see

No, I'm pretty limited on my Solidworks capabilities. I can draw individual parts pretty decent, but that's top level for me currently.

Basically they are a rect tube with a round tube attached to the outside of that with the above tread/spanner/skid plates.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom