Trail Tailor lockable tailgate lid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric Sarjeant

Ed Martin Toyota (Indianapolis)
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.edmartintoyota.com
One of the coolest upgrades, period.

@TRAIL TAILOR
In-stock at Ed Martin Toyota (only available with installation)

Last edited:
How do you access the reverse light bulbs with all that dynomat?

One of the coolest upgrades, period.

@TRAIL TAILOR
In-stock at Ed Martin Toyota (only available with installation)

Wow. Whatever you did to give that interior such a nice, finished look....it looks *fantastic* and will save folks a lot of tricky fiddling—which I can appreciate, having done in my own messier way beneath my end result. I had the first TT unit for the 200...so I was basically experimenting...trying to figure out how to create the interior I wanted. It turned out great in the end...but...it was not easy starting from scratch and deali g with all the cables, irregular angles, mechanisms, etc.

**Your install is cool because it really let’s people jump past the tricky parts and right into usefulness. Starting off with your setup would have made my OCD customizations so much easier by getting g past the tricky edges.

-Even on my limited budget...and need to save $ by trying to do things myself... what you’re offering here looks like massive time saved and money well spent.

*Very* nicely done!

Last edited:
Reverse light bulbs on the LC are accessible by removing the lens from the outside and then replacing the bulbs from behind.

It doesn’t effect the light bulb access

6119E5A0-1846-40A6-B8B2-2CB1D19D8DB9.jpeg

I personally would prefer a (recessed) thicker black stainless cover to add additional strength “rigidity” for sitting on provide a more secured closing if I want to store my gun in it instead of the glovebox. It seems the current closing has a gap at the corners. Regardless of that, i still love that this is now an option and if fact one of the best upgrades in my book.

What is the fan for? Is there an inverter or radio in there?

Eric, can you share more about how your team finished the inside of the tailgate? I've got one to install, and am trying to figure out how to finish the inside. You showed dynamat and carpet - can you share any additional detail?

The carpet on the outside is nice! I don't have the skill for that, so I think I'll stick with the powdercoated top surface for now.

Hi Eric- love what you guys did with the tailgate lid/storage... very clean install! I am installing the lid on my 2016 and the tailgate hatch lock cables are short, sticks out and not long enough to tuck them or re-route them. Did you extend the cables or get longer cables? Thanks-
Christian

Hi Eric- love what you guys did with the tailgate lid/storage... very clean install! I am installing the lid on my 2016 and the tailgate hatch lock cables are short, sticks out and not long enough to tuck them or re-route them. Did you extend the cables or get longer cables? Thanks-
Christian
That's a great observation, I m having the same concern on my '16.

Christian
Yep, that’s just going to happen on a pre-2018 (soft close). I don’t know how to reroute them, unless you wanted to upgrade the internals to a 2018+. I’m sure it could be done, but I don’t have the answer unfortunately.

Eric, can you share more about how your team finished the inside of the tailgate? I've got one to install, and am trying to figure out how to finish the inside. You showed dynamat and carpet - can you share any additional detail?

C6F1980F-9CE9-4758-A8BA-F2648399E35D.jpeg

E2404EF9-D56C-4A3C-9FF3-A6911F828A5E.jpeg

F05DE5A7-BBF5-4E27-BF72-856C79ABED53.jpeg

C990ADC9-D78C-484D-96CB-6C3974382968.jpeg

Thank you!

Are these still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom