Trail Tailor Hidden Winch Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Eric Sarjeant you mention the Rhino or ComeUp winches, any idea if the Ironman will fit? I'm reading through these dimensions and it seems all over. Also is the Rhino only available out of Australia?

@Eric Sarjeant you mention the Rhino or ComeUp winches, any idea if the Ironman will fit? I'm reading through these dimensions and it seems all over. Also is the Rhino only available out of Australia?
Not sure on the Ironman. The Rhino I ended up with from a leftover Rhino bumper we ordered, but customer ended up going with a Warn.

Any idea on the dimensions of the Rhino?

What are the dimensions of the IM you are looking at? The IM 12000 looks to be smaller than the COME UP.

COME UP has a little elbow room.

J

Seal Gen 2- 9.5rs Dimensions.jpg

What are the dimensions of the IM you are looking at? The IM 12000 looks to be smaller than the COME UP.

COME UP has a little elbow room.

J

View attachment 2306838
The IM is, which seems like it fits no problem.
  • Overall Dimensions:21.25" (L) x 6.5" (H) x 5.9" (W) (540mm (L) x 165mm (H) x 150mm (W))
  • Mounting Bolt Pattern:10" x 4.5" (254mm x 114.3mm)

Just out of curiosity, how do you get to the clutch lever with a hidden winch? Remove the plastic core support trim plastic?

Just out of curiosity, how do you get to the clutch lever with a hidden winch? Remove the plastic core support trim plastic?

Yes we are cutting about a 5” diameter hole in the plastic cover above winch to be able to access the clutch. We also put a trim piece around the hole to give it a finished look.

Awesome! I’ll be ordering. Any surprises on install?

Awesome! I’ll be ordering. Any surprises on install?

It's pretty straight forward. It's much easier on the fairlead cutout than the 200s are.

The clutch handle can be on either side of the winch. I mounted the controller to the center radiator/grill support.

Like the rest of these HWMs I recommend the wireless winches so the cabled handheld doesn't need to be used or come into play with more mods to the upper radiator cover, etc.

excellent job. well done sir

Nicely done. The fitment and finish is first rate.

Any thoughts on fitment to earlier '08-'12 LX570s?

Any thoughts on fitment to earlier '08-'12 LX570s?

I've got one in my LX and I'm happy with it. I bought one from Jason last year and wasn't happy with the fit so he graciously worked with me on adjusting the design until it fit perfectly. I think it fits really well and follows the shape of the bumper, but I think I saw in another thread that others weren't happy with it for some reason. Admittedly though, I would probably tweak it a bit so the mount is a little higher but overall I'm happy with it. I'll add some pictures later today.

Here's the picture:

IMG_20200527_192413.jpg

Last edited:
Inspired and educated by this thread, I bought the Trail Tailor mount from Jason, the ComeUp winch he recommended for fit, the Factor 55 fairlead and ultra hook (featured by the phenomenal Indiana Toyota dealer who will get my business for my next LC), a Flipster Lite to hold the front license plate and a 10 inch Black Oak LED to put on top of the Flipster. I had it all shipped to The 4x4 Center in Burlington, VT, and they did a gorgeous job on the install. Pics attached. Thank you for this forum!
20200825_175301.jpg

So.... hypothetically, if I was so excited about my new winch that I went up a trail I had no business being on and, hypothetically, a felled tree did some serious damage to my front bumper....how much does an OEM front bumper run for a 2014 LC200? :bang:

So.... hypothetically, if I was so excited about my new winch that I went up a trail I had no business being on and, hypothetically, a felled tree did some serious damage to my front bumper....how much does an OEM front bumper run for a 2014 LC200? :bang:

PLUS SHIPPING AND PAINTING TO MATCH.

1598758747527.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom