Trail Run High Rock Canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hope that I get invited back! I had a good time, and truth be told I only took 276 photos. :D I am far from a pro, I just bought a fancy camera and figure if I take enough photos some of them will come out nice.
m_D6FS4973.JPG
m_D6FS5026.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, I've been trying to catch up on work. It gets in the way of my wheeling (web and real) sometimes. Unfortunately, the best photos will be reserved for print, but here are a few of the ones that I can share. I got an AWESOME sequence of Rusty_TLC coming through the silt bed, but you will have to wait to see that I'm afraid. Until then hopefully these will tide you over.

Isn't it amazing how much work gets in the way of life? I have got to figure out a way to become indepently wealthy.:D

I hope that I get invited back! I had a good time, and truth be told I only took 276 photos. :D I am far from a pro, I just bought a fancy camera and figure if I take enough photos some of them will come out nice.

Your always welcome, glad you were able to make it and we were able to meet face to face again. Thanks for the photo's.

Jack

Isn't it amazing how much work gets in the way of life? I have got to figure out a way to become indepently wealthy.:D

Your always welcome, glad you were able to make it and we were able to meet face to face again. Thanks for the photo's.

Jack

X2: Heck if I was independently wealthy I would pay someone to do your baseboards so you and Darcie could come out and play this weekend!

X2: It was great that you took the time, effort and spent the $$$ to be with us Harry! OBTW: Martyn told me to tell your Dad he, as of yesterday, has 2-trailers that are unspoken for...and ready by mid-summer.

Gald you guys had a good time both me and my duaghters had fun and enjoyed the run was great to meet you guys and your parents Harry look forward to doing another run with you guys only this time ill remember everything ROFL and will have my own rig hehe

Dan:cheers::beer::bounce::bounce2:

X2: Heck if I was independently wealthy I would pay someone to do your baseboards so you and Darcie could come out and play this weekend!

I wish I could pay someone to do it for me, in fact there is a whole bunch more they could do. I would much rather be out on a new and different road somewhere in the middle of nowhere. By the way that one Canyon road looks like it goes into California. Definitely will have to get up there and see.

X2: It was great that you took the time, effort and spent the $$$ to be with us Harry! OBTW: Martyn told me to tell your Dad he, as of yesterday, has 2-trailers that are unspoken for...and ready by mid-summer.

Now see, I need to get one of the horizons mounted in place of the bed on the Taco...but then there is that money thing again.:D

Jack

Now see, I need to get one of the horizons mounted in place of the bed on the Taco...but then there is that money thing again.:D

Jack

Naw...just get the Chaser trailer...leave it ready to go during the week while you DD your Taco and then hitch up in nothing flat and you're off; easier on the Taco suspension too.

Heading up to Planet X around 8:00A.M. then off to Lava Beds...the forecast says it will be cooler up Gerlach way...73-75 degrees. If you decide to put off the baseboards you know where we'll be (we'll probably be at X until noonish)!

FYI: I noticed at REI today a Friends of the Black Rock Desert poster...big gala going on up there this weekend including tours of the Black Rock Desert and High Rock Canyon! You definitely picked the right weekend for us to go there!

That pic of Jack's taco is really frickin cool with the mountain in the back ground!
You all have some nice AZZ digis to work with!

Chicago

That pic of Jack's taco is really frickin cool with the mountain in the back ground!

Chicago

I think that's the spot Jack ripped off the front facto "skid" plate?

Naw...just get the Chaser trailer...leave it ready to go during the week while you DD your Taco and then hitch up in nothing flat and you're off; easier on the Taco suspension too.

Heading up to Planet X around 8:00A.M. then off to Lava Beds...the forecast says it will be cooler up Gerlach way...73-75 degrees. If you decide to put off the baseboards you know where we'll be (we'll probably be at X until noonish)!

I would rather just have the Taco loaded, it's not a daily driver, and I have another truck (a real truck) so the keeping the bed is not a big deal. I think we will stick with Flip-pac camper plan.

Chicago

I really dig that picture also. I have been through that area probably ten times, and I have never noticed that mountain behind it. By the way, Harry has the super freaking go-go gadget camera.

I think that's the spot Jack ripped off the front facto "skid" plate?

Yep, just in front of me is the mud bank that I didn't make it up the first time, when I backed up, bye-bye tin can skid plate.

Jack

OUCH!
Didnt realize that happened!
On my beast, that skid is nothing much to speak of...if its approximately the same. Its gone now after the SOA...it wouldnt fit anymore.
Im gonna have to figure for an alternative! WOOO HOOO more work!:bounce::bounce2:

Keith

I think that the skidplate probably peeled off when you backed off of that mud berm. I have the Budbuilt skidplate on my 4Runner and I am very happy with it. My only complaint is that he does not make a gas tank skidplate and the tank hangs down below the frame. Otherwise everything is well armored underneath.

I will be contacting everyone on the trip in the near future for information I need for captions. Full name, year of vehicle, modifications, etc. Feel free to PM me this information now if you don't mind.
m_D6FS4933.JPG

I think that the skidplate probably peeled off when you backed off of that mud berm. I have the Budbuilt skidplate on my 4Runner and I am very happy with it. My only complaint is that he does not make a gas tank skidplate and the tank hangs down below the frame. Otherwise everything is well armored underneath.

I will be contacting everyone on the trip in the near future for information I need for captions. Full name, year of vehicle, modifications, etc. Feel free to PM me this information now if you don't mind.

That is exactly what happened. I had a ton of mud packed up around the rack and pinion because of it. It tore the spot welded tabs off of the plate. I will probably end up with the budbuilt. Hard to beat for the price. So many things to do, so little money to do it with.

I'll try and get you a pm soon, mine will be short, not many mods yet...

Jack

:princess: promised she will doctor up some of her pictures and let me post them up this week. I pre-viewed them last night and there are some great shots from the plya.

<Wondering what the pictures Harry took of 'Ol Rusty in the silt look like?>

:princess: promised she will doctor up some of her pictures and let me post them up this week. I pre-viewed them last night and there are some great shots from the plya.

<Wondering what the pictures Harry took of 'Ol Rusty in the silt look like?>

Did you ever get a chance to get your pictures ready?

Jack

I've got a few more I need to post up, too. Nothing too spectacular, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom