Trail ride thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Posting for future reference for other carb'd engine owners.

Got some numbers today that showed the root cause of my fuel system problems yesterday. The electric pump I've been running is shot after only 3 months (< 5k miles). Wet vacuum is 3 inHg. Dry vacuum is 0.5 inHg. Neither is sufficient to self prime.

I'll be going OE and sorting out a means to keep pressures low enough to keep the Weber happy.

TL;DR: avoid PN E16041 (O'Reilly's) for anything other than a band-aid fix.

I was talking to @Bama4door yesterday to see if the dixieland guys are keen on doing another trip soon. Sounds like that's a strong yes. He pitched Stony due to its relative location and the successful trip this past summer. Thinking one of the 1st two weekends in March.

Who else is in?

Things are getting busy for me but in if I can squeeze it in

Sid, I’m going to ride over to Choccolocco Saturday just to get a look at the facility and checkout other people’s rides. I have a 7:30 a.m. breakfast in Huntsville to attend, will leave Huntsville approximately 8:30 a.m. enroute. Hope to see you and Pam there too. I’ll throw that L. C. Smith in the LC for you to see if you get down here. Look for the Blizzard White 200 with Alabama 47-xxxxx plates.

John Boylan
So sorry John. I'm just reading this now. I'm still not used to how this site works. I'm glad we were able to meet up.

I was talking to @Bama4door yesterday to see if the dixieland guys are keen on doing another trip soon. Sounds like that's a strong yes. He pitched Stony due to its relative location and the successful trip this past summer. Thinking one of the 1st two weekends in March.

Who else is in?
We're interested, please let us know any details. Thanks, Pam & Sid.

Who's gonna be at GSMTR for the weekend?

Last edited:
Good wheeling weather should be here before too long, we have several opportunities in March to get out.....

On March 9th the DixieLand Cruisers are going to Stoney Lonesome and invited us to join in: March 9th Club Ride - Stony Lonesome

Also, we're working with Rocket City Rock Crawlers on a trail cleanup on March 16th, more info to come on that.

We may do a ride and camp out in Bankhead on March 23rd, more info to come on that as well.

AND.... don't forget Mardi Krawl is coming April 4th-7th, sign up if you haven't already. The Official Website For Mardi Krawl

Good wheeling weather should be here before too long, we have several opportunities in March to get out.....

On March 9th the DixieLand Cruisers are going to Stoney Lonesome and invited us to join in: March 9th Club Ride - Stony Lonesome

Also, we're working with Rocket City Rock Crawlers on a trail cleanup on March 16th, more info to come on that.

We may do a ride and camp out in Bankhead on March 23rd, more info to come on that as well.

AND.... don't forget Mardi Krawl is coming April 4th-7th, sign up if you haven't already. The Official Website For Mardi Krawl
Looks to be a great month!

I'm scrolling through my calendar and don't see a wheeling date in it. We should fix that.

@Skitz and I were talking about June 8th, but that may need to slip for him to get a non-bucket driver seat. Picky-picky he is.

Anyone else open the 8th or the foreseeable future?

I need some wrench time before I can go again....

I'm scrolling through my calendar and don't see a wheeling date in it. We should fix that.

@Skitz and I were talking about June 8th, but that may need to slip for him to get a non-bucket driver seat. Picky-picky he is.

Anyone else open the 8th or the foreseeable future?

Yes I am tentative for the 8th... I should have the parts in-time to get the 40 out there....

I'm game for there or Iron Gap. Jess is still on HTs so she's gonna wait a minute for wheeling lessons.

Let's not forget about chocco. Might could pull some bham guys with that one

Love to join but some construction projects are interfering. Will advise if anything changes

For a day run, I'd like Hawk Pride...
I'm game for there or Iron Gap. Jess is still on HTs so she's gonna wait a minute for wheeling lessons.

Let's not forget about chocco. Might could pull some bham guys with that one
Looks like I’m free the 8th now too. I’d prefer Choccolocco or Stoney, but I’m good with whatever!

Looks like I’m free the 8th now too. I’d prefer Choccolocco or Stoney, but I’m good with whatever!

Let's get it on the board for the 8th. Sounds like HPO is the primary unless George can't make it; then I'm open to Chocco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom