TP Auto Parts Store -- Complete Sets of FJ40/FJ45 (72-78/79 - 83) Body Parts and Assemblies (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It appears that this place really only does stamped sheet goods, not fab work like needed here. They have a pretty good website.

Saw this for sale in Tempe: Toyota FJ40 tube spare carrier - auto parts - by owner - vehicle... - https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/d/tempe-toyota-fj40-tube-spare-carrier/7596564821.html
On less than 24 hours notice, I got a visit from Tim and Bruce. I explained some of the nuanced differences between the earlier variants in sheet metal designs, and they made their choices accordingly.😊
View attachment 3266818

Bruce and I had a curtesy visit to Mark. He is a nice and smart guy, very knowledgeable! Very easy to go with. Looking forward to having a cup of tea or coffee with you on 3/26! Thanks again Mark!

Also, I may shift my time a little bit to focus on something else, but Yang and Mathew will be here to answer your questions. Yang is a young but very smart guy, as handsome as Mark :) He has much more knowledge on FJ40 parts than me and should take care of customers better.

From Tim

Mark.jpg
Mark and me.jpg

I am surprised I didn't see it mentioned here. If you made half doors and offered them at a decent price, you'd likely sell as many of them as anything else for FJ40. :)
image3.jpeg

Good point! We are still looking for the half door sample. Any help you can provide? Tim
I absolutely would help if I had these! I was going to purchase them from another vendor but they needed a lot of work done to them for them to fit. I will create a post to see if anyone local to you has a set of Hell For Stout half doors. They were sold by Cool Cruisers at one time, but were discontinued.

Hello everyone,
Our FJ40 is a cherished model that boasts a classic design and exceptional performance. We are well aware that many of you hold a deep affection for this vehicle, which is why we have taken steps to make it easier for enthusiasts to assemble and repair their beloved FJ40s. We are thrilled to announce that we have lowered the prices of two FJ40 models, enabling you to easily acquire the FJ40 of your dreams! This is an opportunity you won't want to miss, so act now!
The painted shell which previously cost $21,000, is now available for just $11,000. Additionally, the unpainted models in black and grey, originally priced at $16,000, can now be purchased for only $9,500. Furthermore, returning customers can enjoy a 20% discount on other parts, while new customers can take advantage of a 10% discount on their first order!
Last but not least, we are excited to inform you that we have partnered with a new shipping provider, resulting in significant reductions in shipping costs!
For more information, please email us at sales@tpautoparts.com or visit our website at www.tpautoparts.com.
Best regards,
Yang

WeChat Image_20230308214010.jpg
WeChat Image_202303082140101.jpg

Our website: www.tpautoparts.com
number:1-800-815-8275

Last edited:
It appears that this place really only does stamped sheet goods, not fab work like needed here. They have a pretty good website.

Saw this for sale in Tempe: Toyota FJ40 tube spare carrier - auto parts - by owner - vehicle... - https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/d/tempe-toyota-fj40-tube-spare-carrier/7596564821.html

That one is too early. 5/80 it was redesigned to include an extra vertical tube. The spacing on the hinges changed. I would like a later one myself. If I do decide to build my 82 tube and frame would have to decide if I want to use an earlier support bracket of keep the original to the 82. Have a few spare 8/76-5/80 tire carriers.
IMG_20190628_104228906.jpg

I may have gone this way if it had been available to me....but it looks like topnault is selling a whole quarter and wheel well assembly together. So you get the outside skin and the wheel well and the mid bar as one unit. I think that would have potentially saved me some time instead of having the wheel well and quarter panel as two distinct patches.

BTW @topnault I believe you have the wheel wells themselves (separate units) labeled wrong on the web site. The LH side is labeled as the right and vice versa for the other one. I was looking at the upper quarters and am wondering if that actually includes the pipe that inserts into the b pillar. I'd have a hard time imagining how you'd get that into the upper post production. Also those upper quarter panel pictures are upside down. I think it would be a good idea to really get some good pictures on the web site for the upper quarters. I'm not aware of previous full reproductions of those upper quarters....its a hard thing to find used in good condition....and I believe there are going to be some customers wanting those.

Unfortunately the fuel tank floor access panel is about 1/4" bigger in each direction and does not fit in my floor, also the bolt holes aren't countersunk. Hopefully the return process goes well. The steel is the proper gauge, I'll give them that. I wonder if there were factory variations of this part? Mines from a 1981.

PXL_20230313_193930761.jpg
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Get a trailer and go get it😏
Yep I stopped the order when I saw that. Was trying to lock in the discount before it expired and was going to ask them to hold it until the pre 79 tub came out ( supposed to be April) but at this point I’m just going to wait and when the tub comes out I will just go trailer up and get it myself.
My trailer is big enough uncould probably get a few and mudship them back to get my money back for the trip.

Yep I stopped the order when I saw that. Was trying to lock in the discount before it expired and was going to ask them to hold it until the pre 79 tub came out ( supposed to be April) but at this point I’m just going to wait and when the tub comes out I will just go trailer up and get it myself.
My trailer is big enough uncould probably get a few and mudship them back to get my money back for the trip.

Not sure what your tow rig is, but cross country and back isn’t cheap…. Plus your time.

BUT, you’ll get to pop the straps a couple times and say, “that’s not going anywhere” yourself though.

Not sure what your tow rig is, but cross country and back isn’t cheap…. Plus your time.

BUT, you’ll get to pop the straps a couple times and say, “that’s not going anywhere” yourself though.
I will be taking farm equipment out to within 400/435 miles of that location anyway so it would not be that much of a stretch.

Eventually I would need a 79-83 3/4 or full tub, wondering if there was ever a mock-up restoration to learn if all OEM components fits without any modifications as well as any flaws on the contour body lines (such doors gas tank, seats, parking brake, windshield, dash, you get the idea ) ?

Unfortunately the fuel tank floor access panel is about 1/4" bigger in each direction and does not fit in my floor, also the bolt holes aren't countersunk. Hopefully the return process goes well. The steel is the proper gauge, I'll give them that. I wonder if there were factory variations of this part? Mines from a 1981.

View attachment 3271369View attachment 3271376
Hi, thank you for the feedback on the floor access panel. What we can do for you is give you a full refund and you can keep the panel or we can send you a brand new revised version of our panel and you can still keep the current version. Please email us at sales@tpautoparts.com or you can call us at 800-825-8275.

Mathew at tpautoparts

Hi, thank you for the feedback on the floor access panel. What we can do for you is give you a full refund and you can keep the panel or we can send you a brand new revised version of our panel and you can still keep the current version. Please email us at sales@tpautoparts.com or you can call us at 800-825-8275.

Mathew at tpautoparts
You rock! I'll be calling tomorrow. I'm happy to provide better photos and measurements as needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom