Toyota Trails - YT missing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I received the Jan/Feb issue of Toyota Trails and Yankee Toys is not listed in the chapter directory.

Are we no longer associated with TLCA or is this just an oversight?

Joe

At this point we're no longer a chapter club.
We have not been a "club in good standing" for sometime.

The new BOD for TLCA gave us the boot a few months ago.

Some paperwork needs to be filed and a TLCA delegate would be needed if we decided to continue on.

Bob

I'll volunteer for TLCA delegate, assuming the club wants to be a TLCA chapter.

Let me know.

Joe

We need to have 4 officers who are TLCA members in good standing.

Maybe that's the problem, do we have 4 officers :)

Joe

No we don't.

Speaking for myself I've let mine expire and wasn't planning on renewing.

You go to the TLCA and ask them what benefit it is to YT to renew other than supporting others that share a common interest?

We get a 2"x 2" advertisement for our club if we are in good standing under the chapter clubs page you found our name missing from.

As far as I know it to be they won't even advertise our event (Fall Gathering) other than another 2"x2" advertisement under the "unsanctioned events" listing unless it's a sanctioned event.

If we want it to be a sanctioned event by their rules then we lose money on an event that we struggle to break even on.

TLCA would probably be more involved if we were in the central part of the country or the west coast.

Up here we're pretty much on our own.

rain76king that is something that has been a thorn in the side of TLCA members and clubs on this end of the country for many years. For all the $$$ TLCA wants from us for a sanctioned event we can't even get a few items for the registration table let alone a TLCA rep to show up. I get that the TLCA is run by volunteers but at the same time they are asking for our hard earned cash. Toyota Trails is a nice mag but not worth the cost of admission...

Nick

Understood.

I'm certainly not bashing TLCA by any stretch of the imagination.

I enjoyed years of the magazine and understand they do a lot in the community. Just not here.

haters
jf10cover.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to clarify a few things and ask that you'll reconsider your position on TLCA and especially on Toyota Trails. I cannot speak on anything that happened before I became the managing editor, but I can assure you that I'd like to include as much East Coast content as possible in Toyota Trails. I know Todd had a difficult time getting east coast content as well, but the Northeast is my hometown area and it means a lot to me.

The cost for being a sanctioned TLCA event is only incurred if your event makes a profit. Very, very few events (if any, other than Rubithon and Cruise Moab) make a profit. They break even, therefore there is no expense to the club hosting the event. You simply return the paperwork stating that your club did not make a profit.

As far as content, if you can submit anything from your club, I'll publish it. The reason we have so much content from west of the Mississippi is simply because that's all that we've been receiving. I moved away from NY when I was 20 years old (that was 23 years ago) and I only go back to visit family. The "too much Utah/Colorado/California/Arizona content" complaint is common. I wish that I could do something about it, but TLCA members and clubs of the east just do not submit any content. No photos, no stories, no chapter spotlights, etc. Occasionally, I'll get a story about someone traveling from the east to come and camp/wheel/explore in Utah and Colorado, but that just ends up being another story about the dusty brown west. It's understandable. We have public land in every direction. You can turn off any paved road and be gone for days without seeing another vehicle.

I hope you'll reconsider. I've always considered the clubs of the Northeast to be my "home" clubs. I was always curious to what was going on back home. Yankee Toys, Keystone Cruisers, Gotham City...... they all sound like home to me. If you have not seen the new Toyota Trails, its been completely redesigned. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to make the magazine represent TLCA and its members in the best way possible. Upgraded paper, state of the art printing company, recycled paper and biodegradable inks are some of the few internal upgrades. There is a new cover paper and perfect bound edge as well. I'd be happy to ship a few out so your club can have a look. I'd be happy to feature Yankee Toys in a Chapter Spotlight and I'd really like to have someone from your club submit editorial content.

Feel free to contact me.

Stan Wright
editor@tlca.org

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom