Toyota SST 09992-00023 Compression Test Gauge Adapter substitute (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was over at the machine shop today when they were setting up the lathe. This is the machine that cuts the adapters from 2.25 inch steel bar.
cnc_lathe.jpg

Production blanks are here. I'm tapping them today and de-burring the edges. I made a few minor changes from the prototypes. The prototype wouldn't fit well with the valve cover in place on a 13BT. The shape of the adapter's top plate has been adjusted. The brass washer is thicker now too.

The Schrader vale I'm using is is rated for 400psi continuous, 500psi intermittent. I'm including an extra just in case it fails. Opening pressure for this valve is 70psi so you will need to remove the valve to get accurate leakdown test results.

The adapter is setup to use the stock black injector rubber washer.

You should get a shipping confirmation through Paypal soon.

production_1.jpg

production_2.jpg

production_3.jpg

production_4.jpg

I'll take one for sure!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

The part number referenced in the factory service manuals is for a compression test "kit". That kit has many adapters in it for all of the Toyota engines. This adapter has been designed for the 13B and 13BT head. If the injectors on the 12H-T are the same housing as the 13BT then this adapter should work.

Actually the 12H-T is a direct injection engine...

Not sure why you have a different pic. What vehicle were you looking up?

I still have that 12ht head here if you want me take any measurements...

image.jpg

I have the source page bookmarked on my other computer for the 12H-T diagram I posted above. (That's why I never sent you an adapter. I thought they were different.) Based on your diagram it looks like the same injector as the 13B-T.

Ok, found the diagrams through a Google search. The 13B-T diagram came from partsbase.org and can be viewed here. Strange. I'm finding the same direct injection diagram you posted. I don't know what vehicle I searched to find the IDI diagram I posted above.

I'm going to go delete my post to remove the incorrect info and box up an adapter for you to check out.

Thanks for the link to the other thread. It looks like something we would be able to make. I'd draw it up and take the specs to the CNC guy. I'll post in the other thread.

I have verified that the adapter works with the 12H-T engine too. Website has been updated.

Xext batch of stock as been ordered. I expect them to be done in two weeks. The machine shop is currently working through the growing pains of a CAM software update.

Any idea when you'll have more of these available? Website says Jan. 2020, its March.

Thanks. Just ordered one for use on my 14BT.

My website is down because I no longer sell these adapters. Haven't had a batch machined in a few years. I just put the pieces of an unfinished adapter in the mail yesterday to a forum member in VT.

I was only selling one or two per year. The minimum order batch size would result in me having 5 to 6 years of inventory on hand at those rates. I decided it didn't make sense to continue.

My website is down because I no longer sell these adapters. Haven't had a batch machined in a few years. I just put the pieces of an unfinished adapter in the mail yesterday to a forum member in VT.

I was only selling one or two per year. The minimum order batch size would result in me having 5 to 6 years of inventory on hand at those rates. I decided it didn't make sense to continue.
Thank you for producing these. If you ever tool back up, I’ll take an adapter for my 1HZ. 1/8” NPT or 1/4” NPT. Whoever you have, I’ll make it work.

Thanks!

If someone else wants to take over making them I was having them machined at JR Fabrication in New Portland, ME. Justin Jordan is the person to talk to. He can quote you a price. I wasn't making much money selling them at $89.

He would cut the adapter out of 2" (or maybe it was 2.5") cast iron bar stock on his CNC lathe. I would manually tap the Schrader valve threads and the end that connects to the tester gauge. There's also a 0.1" thick brass bushing that gets affixed to the end that goes down in the head. I'd usually use JB Weld for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom