TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IM001619.JPG

^^So what's the origin of this rig? Amazing idea. Concept outdone by completed creation.
Sure would like to see some inside pictures.

Reminds me of my dear old sled in one of it's many iterations. sniff....

Still have my extendo top... :hmm:
counterfeit troopie 002.jpg

This is the best Arkana conversion crew cab I can find on the internet. Not too many around that are modified, they usually look silly with dinky little tires. Actually this one has me thinking I might do this instead of turning my next BJ42 project into a troopy ;)
View attachment 1679152

I'm thinking of building something like that...I've sorta started, (and sorta stalled :lol:) hopefully I'll be able to get back at it this summer.

I'm thinking "suicide" backdoors so I can have smaller doors, but still convenient sized openings. No one ever sits in the back of a 40 series anyways, so I don't need a full on backseat. Even my dogs are too old to ride in the back a 40 series :rolleyes:
Just a question of how to make it all work and have the front doors still close solidly.

I'm just hesitant about title...driving around in a pickup with a bj40 tags I could see getting some attention from the horsemen. ( pickup vs suv plates)

Jesus. As if a 60 didn't have enough awkward curvy bodywork already.

@seapotato is that top off a troopy or did you stretch it yourself?

Forget the 4 doors... you will just end up having to drive more people around. I know you don’t want to do that.

Someday I would like to grow my 40 a bit more to this.

0FC6458C-1347-45F2-904B-ED6A6580D046.jpeg

My 80 pound 10 month old dogs can’t get into my 40 or 60 I was thinking of some kind of ramp. Like guys use for loading a dirt bike into a pickup. I have to lift them in and they arnt done growing yet.
0826C40D-0555-4C15-B29F-F54BC109E880.jpeg

Last edited:
My 80 pound 10 month old dogs can’t get into my 40 or 60 I was thinking of some kind of ramp. Like guys use for loading a dirt bike into a pickup. I have to lift them in and they arnt done growing yet.

Can't train them? I grew up on a ranch in the interior. We taught all the dogs to jump into the back of the farm truck pick-up with the tail gate up. This was a standard mid 80's F250. Some dogs learned easier than others.

Seems there are lots of pet loader options out there tho. Here's one: Solvit Lightweight Folding Pet Ramp

lightweight-folding-dog-ramp-15.jpg

Yeah, I've considered a stretch, but I don't want that much sheet metal. I'd prefer a flat deck of sorts and a removeable camperette thing if I wanted dry interior space.

An extended cab for a dog bench/toolbox is plenty, but dogs have a bitch of a time getting over center consoles and such without a rear door. Not to mention muddy feet on the drivers seat.

Still up in the air, I haven't closed off any options yet, and it'll be a while before it's driveable. (like yeeearrrs :lol:)

I glassed two tops together to make the extendo lid.

I could have 6 doors it wouldn't increase the number of people that I'd have to ferry around. Haven't even flipped the back seats up in my 61 in months, my bj40 became a 42 and then a 45 over about 10 years, had 3 or 4 passengers in the back in that time, they bitched constantly, it's dirty back here, this seat isn't bolted down, it's uncomfortable, I'm bleeding, my skull just fractured on the roll bar, typical whining.

We have a dog ramp, as do my parents. My dogs refuse to use it, and it's a pain in the ass to move around. It's easier to just lift the old farts in and out than to deal with the ramp all the time. My parents have a 3 legged dog, she's always used a ramp. ( they should get to park in handicapped spaces )

Our young aussie can pretty much jump OVER the truck if she wants to so I'm not worried about her...and sadly, she's probably the only one of the current 3 that'll live to see the 40 thing run.

Last edited:
had 3 or 4 passengers in the back in that time, they bitched constantly, it's dirty back here, this seat isn't bolted down, it's uncomfortable, I'm bleeding, my skull just fractured on the roll bar, typical whining

:rofl:

Typical backseat passengers... I also would hear about how water sprays them when it’s raining. The fold down leg on the jump seat pinched a finger. Or they bounced their head off the roof when rolling over a small bump like a speed hump.

Talk about a different world. Years ago a friend from Venezuela told me why 40s were so popular there. He said on any given day the road could be washed out... and six months later it still would be gone. This would require finding an alternative route... or starving.

^^ Well, if he doesn't want that later, call me. I'd take that off his hands. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom