TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just stole this posting from another thread. Dubai off roading!

IMG_8754.JPG

Sunk in the mud, pulling the winch out again. Muddy tires+slippery log x pain in the ass divided by the love of blazing new trails = happiness.

0221021633.jpg

I found this article which I cut and pasted. WHY can't we have NEW cool things????

the Toyota Land Cruiser Utility Commercial, complete with a diesel engine, a six-speed manual and not much else.

The Land Cruiser LWB has a minimum ground clearance of 215mm; for the SWB model the figure is 205mm. The approach angle, which determines the maximum gradient the vehicle can approach without the underside of the front bumper hitting the ground, is 31°. Its maximum wading depth is 700mm.

Even with its generous ground clearance, there can be a risk of the underside of the vehicle hitting the ground when driving over very rough terrain. For this reason, both the front and rear bumpers and the ladder frame cross-member have been designed to slide easily over any obstacles. Many other SUVs have box-shaped cross-members, which means they can easily become caught on obstacles, bringing the vehicle to a halt and potentially causing damage; Land Cruiser’s slanted cross-member is shaped so that it can slide up and over such hazards.

The vehicle is engineered to excel over sand, rocks or any other demanding conditions it might encounter; giving maximum traction at all times to deliver the level of off-road performance for which the model is world-renowned. Its proven permanent four-wheel drive system uses a Torsen limited slip differential in the centre differential and a shift actuator which makes for easier shifting between the high and low ranges in the six-speed manual transmission.

nrsreogeoycibm0fdhor.jpg
ammcgnquiy0wjqw0ptik.jpg
mpracemwxj3a9sb9hqt8.jpg

Yes, it can crawl over rocks. With a playplace in the back.

Toyota. Give it to us.

Last edited:
^^So what's the origin of this rig? Amazing idea. Concept outdone by completed creation.
Sure would like to see some inside pictures.

^^So what's the origin of this rig? Amazing idea. Concept outdone by completed creation.
Sure would like to see some inside pictures.

It is originally an Arkana cab made in Australia probably for the mining industry. They made a bunch of crew cabs that fit on the 45 wheelbase and have the tiny deck on the back.

Lots of pictures here (gotta love google): FJ40, FJ45 & FJ55 Toyota Land Cruisers Call 24/7 (313) 414-3540

Interior pics are near the bottom of the ad.

Looks like it is that Vintage off road company that is run by that Greg Mushro guy that everyone on Ih8mud seems to hate as he has been accused of ripping people off in the past, I have no evidence and don't know the guy, just what I read on the internet, so must be right, right? ;)

This is the best Arkana conversion crew cab I can find on the internet. Not too many around that are modified, they usually look silly with dinky little tires. Actually this one has me thinking I might do this instead of turning my next BJ42 project into a troopy ;)
FullSizeRender.jpg

This is the best Arkana conversion crew cab I can find on the internet. Not too many around that are modified, they usually look silly with dinky little tires. Actually this one has me thinking I might do this instead of turning my next BJ42 project into a troopy ;)
View attachment 1679152

That thing is pretty bad ass, I have to admit. Looks great.

My friend Mike went to the annual Texas Round-up. I liked this aerial shot, very cool.
JimJ - I see an idea for a new grill for your cabin here

DJI_0073.JPG
ThisIsHowWeGrillinTexas.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom