Toyota parts find (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last week, a good buddy of mine who is very deep into Toyota's text me some pics of some OEM Toyota Pickup bedsides from a small rural Mississippi body shop. The owner is a big hotrod guy now, but used to do more insurance jobs & had these parts left over. He was looking to get rid of them to free up shop space. What he ended up having was one 95.5-00 Tacoma bedside (driver), one 84-88 Pickup SWB bedside (passenger), one 84-88 SWB 2WD/Utility bedside (driver), and one 79-83 Pickup LWB bedside (passenger). All of these are primed, 2 are loose & 2 are still in the crates packaged by Toyota with the part numbers & "Made in Japan" on them. They all have the wheel wells & portions of the bed floors attached. These aren't just factory bed sides. I feel like I found 4 needles in a massive hay stack. I'm going to be attaching pics of all of these parts. Ultimately what I'd ideally like to do is have these scanned so that files of these parts can be created & potentially be able to reproduce these parts at a later date. I'm in Central Mississippi & would love to find someone that has 3D scanning capabilities & a passion for Toyota restoration.

PXL_20240121_225659649.jpg

PXL_20240121_225703143.jpg

PXL_20240121_225710852.jpg

PXL_20240121_225719289.jpg

PXL_20240121_225726238.jpg

That’s really awesome that you found those. I’ve seen companies that make repo parts for the 79-83 trucks but not the 84-88. I’ve been looking for some good aftermarket 4wd fenders for quite a long time with no luck. I would think if you got in contact with the company that makes the earlier parts they would jump at those.

That’s really awesome that you found those. I’ve seen companies that make repo parts for the 79-83 trucks but not the 84-88. I’ve been looking for some good aftermarket 4wd fenders for quite a long time with no luck. I would think if you got in contact with the company that makes the earlier parts they would jump at those.
Yeah there are VERY limited options for 84-88 pickups, especially in steel. I'm going to start emailing some companies to see if there is any interest in utilizing these parts to create options for us.

I think you would have a good business if you could reproduce quality bed side parts, especially the bed skirts that rust so much. I am getting close to the point where i will be working on my bed and trying to reproduce a least a couple places. If i get a 3d scanner.... i'll make some scans for sure, but i might be doing this set old school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom