Toyota part # 12151-61011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Threads
51
Messages
577
Location
Deep South, Powder Springs GA
Is Toyota part # 12151-61011 the 1 piece oil pan gasket for the 3FE pan?

I am getting static at my local dealership as they are telling me there is no Toyota 1 piece oil pan gasket.
 
The Toyota oil pan gasket for 2F and 3F-E engine is one piece.

New updated oil pan for 2F or 3F-E engine:
12101-61013
Gasket for pan above:
12151-61011
Drain plug for above
90341-12012
Drain Plug gasket for plug above.
90430-12028


Old style 2F pan gasket: 12151-61010
 
These guys are hosing me then. I ordered this and went to pick it up today and they hand me the 4 piece gasket. I question them and they said they ordered the exact part # and this is what arrived from Toyota. Of course the package had no part # at all, save what the dealership had stickers themselves. I don't know what to do. I just got my money back minus the restocking fee of 15%.

Oh, and my oil pan was a 12101-61030 as I have an 88 FJ62.
 
I jumped the gun - was thinking about the 2F in the 60. Maybe your engine's newest pan gasket is in pieces. I don't know. Since you mentioned a different part number for the pan than what I noted- then my gasket numbers may not be right for your pan - oi!

I think this is the correct oil pan gasket for your '88 62. The same part number you mentioned in the thread title.

 
Last edited:
I know, I just wish I knew if it were a singe piece gasket. I found one at SOR. pricey but one piece. I just don't think the 4 piece gasket set is a good alternative. I can just imagine trying to seal off all those seams.
 



1595111577158.png
 
I'm seeing a bunch of 1 piece gaskets with the same part # I ordered. Only the part I received was a 4 piece.
Must have been a old stock part?
 
Yep, they probably never even ordered it, just pulled a dusty old part from their existing inventory. Oh well, this is the 3rd time those guys have been unreliable. Not going there again. They don't like to look up parts for my truck anyway, act like I'm putting them out. They immediately say nothing is available even before looking.
 
Damn that's strange. I ordered the same part # 5 years ago. It was definitely a 1 piece gasket. Toyotapartsdeal.com
 
I returned it. No red Toyota label though but a small red,gray and white dealer label with the correct part #.
I found a much better dealership to deal with. The parts counterman actually cared about getting the correct part. He called later in the day today to confirm that indeed the part is 1 piece, used to be 4 pieces, but as he said, long before he started working there. I think the correct part will come in this time with no problems. We'll see.
 
Guess you have this cleared up. I first bought an OEM oil pan gasket (2F) about 25 years ago and it was 1 piece. I have seen 4 piece aftermarket oil pan gaskets advertised, Fel-pro I think. Sounds like the first dealership you went to was trying to unload some old stuff on you.
 
That was an AutoNazi (AutoNation) dealership. They are low-rent as hell. Shady parts department that escalates prices over retail too. I think they were trying to unload old crap too. I have never even seen or heard of a 4 piece gasket.
 
Get one from cruiser outfitters. Call them and they will give you the real story.
+1
I just got mine from Cruiser outfitters last week. Its a one piece and they had it shipped super quick. They are pretty great to work with.
 
Here's a pic with part # for a 90 FJ62

View attachment 2385236

View attachment 2385237
I just purchased this gasket and a new oil pan for my 2F. Does anybody know about the alignment marks shown in the picture above? Google Gemini tells me to install the side with two marks on the drivers side. But I don’t see this verified with the references provided (one reference was this post). Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom