Toyota Land Cruiser World Car (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm an American citizen who currently lives in Saudi Arabia. I'll leave permanently in June and I want to take my Toyota Land Cruiser 78 with me to travel through north Africa and Europe, so I need a new registration and plates since I have to surrender my license plates and registration when I export the car to a neighboring country like the UAE or Oman. I can get a set of export plates to drive it out of the country, but then need to register and plate it somehow; at least that is my assumption.

Since it is a 2006 model I know that it is impossible to import it into the US. What I find a bit frustrating is the fact that I have taken impeccable care of it and it looks like it just drove out of the showroom. Selling it in Saudi I will only get $8000-9000 for it. So I'm open to any suggestions or ideas that will keep the care in my hands.

Well, I guess you want to have it on plates of another country. But that will be difficult if you don't actually live there.

But can't you leave it on the Saudi plates? As in, if you do nothing, what will change?
Will the Saudi plates allow you to cross the neighboring countries?
I think in Europe it will be allowed, but I'm not sure. There are places like Monaco or London where you can see middle-east plates, but I don't know how that is arranged and they could all be from Dubai which may be easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom