For Sale Toyota H55F five speed tansmission, "rebuilt", complete. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I am in southern British Columbia, Canada, and have a Toyota H55F five speed manual transmission for sale. $1000 USD and that includes the driveshafts to convert from a 4-speed, and bellhousing. It came out of a 1983 BJ60 diesel with a 3B engine. Currently taking up space in the back of the Cruiser and I need help lifting it onto someone's truck and free up space for the fall firewood collecting. It's on a pallet.

Good price! Although all of us gassers would need the F/2F input shaft right?

Great area,
My bother is up in Coldstream about an hour from you with. He just recently bought a BJ42 same year and color as his first

crazy good deal someone jump on this.. I
Oh, and that includes the t-case.

I would like this deal done this week if possible. I know it's a good price, I got a good deal on the whole package, and I'm not greedy, I just don't see putting it back into this particular BJ60 as being worthwhile.

It came out of the truck I have. The PO was a PlantDrive customer and ran this truck about 8 years on veg as his daily driver/work truck.

He took out the whole unit because it was leaking or something, and took it to a local transmission shop, who he had dismantle it for rebuilding. They scared him with a high cost to rebuild and gave him a list of a few parts they said it would need. He declined, and brought it home in boxes.

He quickly grabbed another 4-speed locally for a few hundred dollars, and put it in, to have the truck on the road ASAP. The 4-speed works fine, and will be ok for my purposes. Then he and his family were moving out of the country within a few weeks, and he contacted me about buying the truck, parts and all, and his price was fair. So I bought it for a winter truck and general yard/cleanup use. I don't intend to restore it.

I obtained a shop manual (original Toyota) and gave the parts list from the transmission shop to a retired mechanic friend, who had one of these trucks at one time, and he went through it and put it back together. He said he could not see anything that was that terribly wrong with it, so he didn't actually put any new parts into it, he just reassembled it and it's more or less ready to go, as far as I know, but it really shouldn't be considered "rebuilt" or quite ready to bolt in (that's why I put "rebuilt" into quotes and figured on having a discussion with an interested buyer, but it makes more sense to just state everything I know about it here, and be done with it.

It should be checked out again by someone who knows them, before installation, I would say.

So I have priced it accordingly, and I think it is quite a fair price for what the buyer would be getting, 5-speed, driveshafts, and t-case.

Would you be willing to bring it into Blaine WA.? I imported a BJ60 recently from BC and it'll need a rebuild on the 5 spd. would love to simply drop in a donor as my other donor BJ60 is slated for my FJ60 swap and i really don't want to rob that rig of its tranny. I'm interested. Let me know if you could cross into Blaine with it. I'm an hour south of the border on the I5 corridor. 360sixseven5-2907. Mark

Oh, and that includes the t-case.

I would like this deal done this week if possible. I know it's a good price, I got a good deal on the whole package, and I'm not greedy, I just don't see putting it back into this particular BJ60 as being worthwhile.

It came out of the truck I have. The PO was a PlantDrive customer and ran this truck about 8 years on veg as his daily driver/work truck.

He took out the whole unit because it was leaking or something, and took it to a local transmission shop, who he had dismantle it for rebuilding. They scared him with a high cost to rebuild and gave him a list of a few parts they said it would need. He declined, and brought it home in boxes.

He quickly grabbed another 4-speed locally for a few hundred dollars, and put it in, to have the truck on the road ASAP. The 4-speed works fine, and will be ok for my purposes. Then he and his family were moving out of the country within a few weeks, and he contacted me about buying the truck, parts and all, and his price was fair. So I bought it for a winter truck and general yard/cleanup use. I don't intend to restore it.

I obtained a shop manual (original Toyota) and gave the parts list from the transmission shop to a retired mechanic friend, who had one of these trucks at one time, and he went through it and put it back together. He said he could not see anything that was that terribly wrong with it, so he didn't actually put any new parts into it, he just reassembled it and it's more or less ready to go, as far as I know, but it really shouldn't be considered "rebuilt" or quite ready to bolt in (that's why I put "rebuilt" into quotes and figured on having a discussion with an interested buyer, but it makes more sense to just state everything I know about it here, and be done with it.

It should be checked out again by someone who knows them, before installation, I would say.

So I have priced it accordingly, and I think it is quite a fair price for what the buyer would be getting, 5-speed, driveshafts, and t-case.

Let's talk about your 5 speed. i'm ready to tear it back down and redue the inspection/rebuild. Give me a call. 9/21/16

Someone hurry up and buy this. You can get an F input shaft from Roma or Beno

Hi all. Just to update: I've taken a deposit on it to hold until end of October. I'll post again by then or earlier and update if it's sold or not, but most likely it's sold. Thanks to those who've contacted me about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom