Toyota Electric winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am considering buying a factory Toyota 24V electric winch (8000 lbs I think), it has the motor mounted over the spool similar to the warn 8274 design. Are these Toyota winches any good? And are their parts available? Mounting it on a BJ74 to replace the factory PTO. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

My new to me Aisin 1000 arrived yesterday. A little dirty but seems to be in general good condition. I am still working on my bumper to mount it on. Cant wait to put it to the test.

Should be finishing the final touches on the bumper tomorrow, before painting. About to start looking over winch, if everything checks out ok, it will get a coat of paint and be ready to mount. Although it didnt come with the factory remote so I still need to find a suitable substitute. Will have pictures up soon......

24v winch

24v winch

DSC00698.jpg
[/IMG][/COLOR]

Auto electric shop dropped the ball, had motor and solenoids for a week and didnt do nothing. I took it there to have a warn remote wired in, in place of the factory original that I never got when I purchased the winch.

If anybody has done this and can offer some advise or wiring schematic I would be very grateful. Suppose to be leaving in the morning on Moab UT trip. Would suck not to have a working winch.

Thanks guys. It took a lot longer then I would have liked and is a touch heavy but I am pretty happy with the way it all turned out, especially considering it is the first time I have ever built anything out of metal. Cant wait to test out the winch.

Packed up and ready to go!! Just waiting for the girlfriend to get off work.....

Very nice rig. New bumper looks mucho better.

nice rig, the bumper looks way better then the stock one.

can you send me the details of using the substitute remote ?

thx
ik

nice rig, the bumper looks way better then the stock one.

can you send me the details of using the substitute remote ?

thx
ik

The remote I used was a warn and I purchased the connector on the solenoid end to go with it and to keep things looking neat and clean. The factory remote uses a separate solenoid and switch to supply power to the winch, I chose not do this. The stock remote also had a temp censor on the motor which isn't used. Here is what I had:

FACTORY wiring
White w/ black stripe - ground
Yellow and white - power supply from solenoid
Green - Motor temperature censor
Blue w/ red stripe - In solenoid
Blue w/ white stripe- out solenoid

WARN wiring
Red - ground
Brown - ground
White - power supply
Green - In solenoid
Black - Out solenoid

If your not sure which is the in and out solenoids its not a big deal, just guess you have a 50/50 chance and if your wrong it wont hurt anything your remote will just be labeled backwards. Switch around the wires to the solenoid and your good to go

Hope this helps
100_1805.jpg
100_1815.jpg
100_1810.jpg

thanks this is what i need to know....hope to work on it this weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom