Towing/ Camping /Trailers (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally figured out the towing issue I was having. Ditched the tacoma. Problem solved. The mirrors even flip up into tow mirrors. Pretty neat. 2014 2500 Power Wagon

7C878C69-C181-4A23-AE61-A5DABCA5B266.jpeg

A gas burner of course. Come on $5 gasoline I want to hear him cry like a b****.

A gas burner of course. Come on $5 gasoline I want to hear him cry like a b****.
In his defense, the only bigger sucker move than a used Dodge would be to pay $10,000 more for a diesel to tow with 6 times a year.
How loud are those Goodyear’s? Looks like you got the full Bodean package. A dodge and Goodyear’s.

Last edited:

The diesels were like over $10K more for the same truck with the same miles. The only diesel trucks I could afford had like 180,000 miles and up. haha. After reading about $9,000 fuel system replacements.... I figured the money I spent on gas would offset that. Diesel is over 3.00 a gallon in memphis, while gas thankfully is relatively low right now

In his defense, the only bigger sucker move than a used Dodge would be to pay $10,000 for for a diesel to tow with 6 times a year.
How loud are those Goodyear’s? Looks like you got the full Bodean package. A dodge and Goodyear’s.

Theyre about as loud as a mud terrain tire. They are definitely not new. @DirtRoads has the same truck and has 37s on it with no lift. Think I might throw 315 coopers on it or the firestones that Lee Majors has on it next year sometime. The truck is pretty cool though, its got a 14,000 warn winch built into the bumper from the factory. The diffs are LSD that lock front and rear on solid axles, has like 15 cup holders, and has electronic sway bar disconnects. Its basically a rubicon jeep on steroids. I feel like @Bodean has got some halfway decent thoughts on truck stuff hah

In his defense, the only bigger sucker move than a used Dodge would be to pay $10,000 more for a diesel to tow with 6 times a year.

Agree completely. The logical truck to buy would be a Ford with a v10. Can be picked up super cheap and will tow whatever you put behind them. I was poking fun at the fact that the Tacoma’s negative equity has now been rolled into a 3/4 dodge with a gas burner. Smardis I hope you got gap insurance.

Last edited:
Agree completely. The logical truck to buy would be a Ford with a v10. Can be picked up super cheap and will tow whatever you put behind them. I was poking fun at the fact that the Tacoma’s negative equity has now been rolled into a 3/4 dodge with a gas burner. Smardis I hope you got gap insurance.

100000% got gap insurance hahah. I was looking for v10s too, but they were all really high mileage or 2wd. The power wagon has softer rear coils and rides pretty good on the street for a 2500. I test drove a 2500 HD chevy, F250, and the power wagon. The Chevy rode really nice on the street, had a harsher rear end, and was the ugliest. The F250 was the best looking and rode the worst on the street. The power wagon rode the best on the street and didnt feel as long. It was also cheaper than the other two. So far so good

So this is now your DD?

I'd wonder about mileage, but i'm guessing the PW probably isn't much worse than the Tacoma was. Plus if you don't have a long commute, then that isn't going to be high on your list of concerns anyway.

So this is now your DD?

I'd wonder about mileage, but i'm guessing the PW probably isn't much worse than the Tacoma was. Plus if you don't have a long commute, then that isn't going to be high on your list of concerns anyway.

I dd mine and don't pay much attention to it. My little screen tells me that I'm averaging about 11 mixed driving. On the highway unloaded it will show 13 or 14 I think. That being said, it's on big tars and the speedometer is off a good bit, so it is very possible that it is actually doing better than indicated. I have a pretty short commute so it works fine when I'm not driving my landcruiser....which gets the same mileage.

Data point: when I was shopping for this truck vs a diesel, it came out to like 200k miles before I made up the price difference with the two fuels being about $0.75, assuming no repairs to the diesel. That answer was pretty obvious since I'm not towing over 10k hardly ever.

So this is now your DD?

Yeah it’s the new DD. The Tacoma was averaging 16-17 mpg mixed. I’m getting about 12-13 in the PW. It’s a bit of a hit, but it’s not too too bad. It definitely keeps me off the skinny pedal which is for the better anyways hah

Data point: when I was shopping for this truck vs a diesel, it came out to like 200k miles before I made up the price difference with the two fuels being about $0.75, assuming no repairs to the diesel. That answer was pretty obvious since I'm not towing over 10k hardly ever.

This was a huge part of me not getting the diesel.

I don't have Goodyears on my Dodge. Love my diesels and can get what I paid for mine 3 years ago right now :)

I don't have Goodyears on my Dodge. Love my diesels and can get what I paid for mine 3 years ago right now :)

Only way to get you to post in our forum is to take a shot at you.

How do I get it home?
Short version: need recommendations on how to hitch a M101A2 to a 100. Hopefully will have it expedition-ready by next Cruiser Crawl.
Thanks,

How do I get it home?
Short version: need recommendations on how to hitch a M101A2 to a 100. Hopefully will have it expedition-ready by next Cruiser Crawl.
Thanks,

go get a pintle hitch for your 100. Add Mexican magnetic trailer lights.
Haul away

Only way to get you to post in our forum is to take a shot at you.
Well good luck on that one. This is my once a month look at Mud. Just don't get on here much at all anymore. Y'all have fun.

Erin found a guy in Chattanooga selling a m416 in pretty good shape.

She picked it up this morning. Apparently it has a surge brake on it which makes it a M416A1... who knew, we didn't, and we still have some learning to do.

The guy had it blasted and then rattle-canned it gloss black. The rear has been cut out and a tailgate fashioned. It needs a new hinge, chains and a latch to be functional.

Going to mount our @metalshaper brackets on it and mount the tent, add some tail-lights and see where we go from there.

20200109_204853.jpg

20200109_204906.jpg

20200109_204931.jpg

The fenders were pulled for cleaning and paint, so they aren't attached.

The two we bought are going up for sale soon if anyone is interested in part or a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom