Towing/ Camping /Trailers (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve towed a full trailer with a 40 behind my 4Runner. It was not terrible.

Lash is the tow dolly expert in the club. I’ve used them with zero issues. The main problem is if you tear your truck up whomping it around the park and towing it on the back two wheels is not possible.

The 100 is a great tow platform if you take it easy. I just towed an FJ55 back from Fayetteville with mine. It’s a heavy load. All I added was a set of 100
Dollar airlift air bags.

I would do a couple of things.

First. Rent a tow dolly and try it. The Uhaul ones are heavy but you will be able to tell if that’s what you want to do.

Two. Get a hitch for the 100 and add $100 bags and again, rent a trailer and try it.

You can rent cheaper than you can buy if you have to store it

Keep Tacoma.

You really don’t even hit any hills until you are less than 30 min from park.

Put truck in N and T Case in N and roll out

So go with the dolly? Or flat tow?

I’ve towed a full trailer with a 40 behind my 4Runner. It was not terrible.

Lash is the tow dolly expert in the club. I’ve used them with zero issues. The main problem is if you tear your truck up whomping it around the park and towing it on the back two wheels is not possible.

The 100 is a great tow platform if you take it easy. I just towed an FJ55 back from Fayetteville with mine. It’s a heavy load. All I added was a set of 100
Dollar airlift air bags.

I would do a couple of things.

First. Rent a tow dolly and try it. The Uhaul ones are heavy but you will be able to tell if that’s what you want to do.

Two. Get a hitch for the 100 and add $100 bags and again, rent a trailer and try it.

You can rent cheaper than you can buy if you have to store it

Good call. I think im going to go to the junk yard to try and find some crap mini truck wheels and tires and put them on the front axle so I can fit the 40 onto the uhaul dolly and give it a spin around the 240 death loop around memphis and see how it goes. I dont know if the 37x12.5 tires will fit on the uhaul tow dolly. I would feel a whole lot better towing with the tacoma since its new and has the towing stuff on it from the factory. Thanks!

Airbags for the Tacoma would be nice and easy too.

Im a big fan of the Boss bags for leaf spring trucks

Had no idea air bags were available for leafs. Ill definitely check em out. When I filled the tacoma bed with mulch the springs sagged down pretty good

Be mindful of renting from Uhaul. Its likely if you tell them your towing an fj40 with a tacoma they probably won't rent you the dolly. Get on their website and plug it in and see. I don't know what kind of safety factors they use, but I've been denied due to the tow rig being incompatible with the proposed rig to be towed even though it was in the window. Must use gcvwr for tow vehicle or something.

Be mindful of renting from Uhaul. Its likely if you tell them your towing an fj40 with a tacoma they probably won't rent you the dolly. Get on their website and plug it in and see. I don't know what kind of safety factors they use, but I've been denied due to the tow rig being incompatible with the proposed rig to be towed.

I pulled a 40 with a 100 and Uhaul online said I could do it, but when I got to the store they told me I couldn't because their internal system said the 40 was to heavy. We had to get management involved get special clearance etc. It was a real pain in the ass. I doubt they will clear a 40 on a taco, especially if you flat tow, their damn trailer weight over 2k

Be mindful of renting from Uhaul. Its likely if you tell them your towing an fj40 with a tacoma they probably won't rent you the dolly. Get on their website and plug it in and see. I don't know what kind of safety factors they use, but I've been denied due to the tow rig being incompatible with the proposed rig to be towed even though it was in the window. Must use gcvwr for tow vehicle or something.

Good call! I just plugged it in on their website and it says the fj40 will only work with the tacoma with the dolly, and denied me on the full trailer.

I pulled a 40 with a 100 and Uhaul online said I could do it, but when I got to the store they told me I couldn't because their internal system said the 40 was to heavy. We had to get management involved get special clearance etc. It was a real pain in the ass. I doubt they will clear a 40 on a taco, especially if you flat tow, their damn trailer weight over 2k

Online I got it to work with the dolly with the taco but not the full trailer. If the dolly isnt too squirrelly, i might just look into buying one of my own to use I think

American Car Dolly americandolly.com was my choice after a lot of research. Fair price, great engineering and weight capacity, and made in the USA in CO. It also had the width between fenders and a pivoting deck. We use it to tow Amanda’s 200 behind our 35’ RV. As long as your straps are tight, there are no issues. The key is getting the straps installed right and cinching them down well. Drive it a couple of blocks, then tighten the straps again. Check straps at each opportunity.

American Car Dolly americandolly.com was my choice after a lot of research. Fair price, great engineering and weight capacity, and made in the USA in CO. It also had the width between fenders and a pivoting deck. We use it to tow Amanda’s 200 behind our 35’ RV. As long as your straps are tight, there are no issues. The key is getting the straps installed right and cinching them down well. Drive it a couple of blocks, then tighten the straps again. Check straps at each opportunity.

Perfect! Ill check them out. its great to know other people have done the dolly option successfully, especially with something as heavy as a 200!

Or you could just drive your 40 over there.

Thats true. More than likely Ill end up doing this at first. Thats a long drive at 3500 rpm haha

Or you could just drive your 40 over there.
To Hot Springs to wheel it? Tow it over... If you break it bad you'll at least be able to get home.

What have you guys used for in-bed tie down points in your M100 & M416?

I’m thinking tracks down each side wall an inch or two off the floor. Ideas? Pics?

Thanks

Is 2" square tubing the tongue extension material of choice for an M100?

B705EEA9-CF24-4A30-851C-25C195028198.png
3445B69F-F2FA-4BDE-B240-0FD5F4759DA5.png
A8FA0254-5923-4DC0-BD49-7ABC862B12C6.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom