Toyota Tools (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any ides which Cruiser this came from? Also screw drivers were in the kit a Phillips and a blade

image.jpg

That wrench was in kits used in FJ40, 45, and 55 vehicles. Assuming the wrench and separate screwdrivers were originally together, they would have come from a later version of this vinyl tool roll kit, from around 1972.
10.JPG

I don't recall having a roll kit but I may have. Would that have come with the yellow jack? I had a 77-78? Fj55. Loved that truck. You seem well versed it kit gear. Well here's another but question attached. What's it worth. P sure from 81bj60. Thanks

I don't recall having a roll kit but I may have. Would that have come with the yellow jack? I had a 77-78? Fj55. Loved that truck. You seem well versed it kit gear. Well here's another but question attached. What's it worth. P sure from 81bj60. Thanks
Wrench for scale. 12v bulb

image.jpg

That style of wrench was also in the tool bag kits that would have been in a 77-78, but with a yellow, plastic-handle screwdriver having a reversible Phillips/flat blade. Along with the yellow jack.

That inspection lamp is still available from Toyota, part number is 81370-60010. Online Toyota dealers have it listed for around $40, also on eBay for between $18-$55. Today the lamp comes in a bubble wrap bag, it would have originally come in a blue bag with a snap closure. If you have the blue bag, it would be worth more.

attachment 6.jpg

Thanks a tonsome of the bits and pieces that come with vehicles I'm junking and I find them in the bottom of a rusted wells or under floor mats etc. think I can find a cast jack crank p sure it came with my 81 or my 82bj60. I broke it using it as a hammer.

Toyota Tool Catalog - 1982

Here's a 16-page Toyota Tool Catalog from 1982. Includes most of the tools found in the on-board tool kits along with many other tools and equipment. See the complete catalog here.
full

Toyota offered several assortments of tools.
full

full

Detailed listings.
full

full

full

Another view of the green tool box.
full

Carts for tools and equipment.
full

full

Last edited:
Toyota Tool Catalog - 1972

Here's an earlier version of the tool catalog, in English. The 8-page brochure is not dated, 1972 is guess.
full

Same 52-piece tool set as the later catalog. Some differences, this set includes both wood handle and plastic handle screwdrivers,
and has the 1-piece gap gauge instead of the folding set. All for $80.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Very cool. Like the whole thread. Still don't see forged crank handle to fit extension for jack and spare but it possibly came from 77fj55

Toyota Hand Tool Set - 1982

full

TEQ sticker is quite faded. Part number sticker for the tool box.
full

All tools are marked TOYOTA MOTOR
full

Feeler gauge in the brown pouch.
full

full

As pictured in the 1982 catalog, top assortment.
full

Outside of the tool box.
full

luckryym-img800x600-1518319786n4zeyk318.jpg

the tool roll with the point file and small wrench is exactly like the one that came in my 65 fj40 .bought in 1971 .the trouble light was in the glove box but all the other tools were in there .the screw drivers were not that good, only reason mine survived was i replaced them with good ones

So @wscbill any chance that tool box/cabinet is still available? Very cool

Reproduction Tool Roll

I'm looking to reproduce the original tool roll if no one else is doing this and make it available at a hopefully reasonable cost. The problem is I do not have an original to use as a pattern. Would anyone be willing to loan me theirs to create the pattern? If someone IS reproducing these please let me know. I'll just buy one.

G.
Have you gotten a new tool roll reproduced yet for sale ? I ordered one of the tool bags from Amayama but would much prefer the roll .

Have you gotten a new tool roll reproduced yet for sale ? I ordered one of the tool bags from Amayama but would much prefer the roll .

@Tanker120 was making those tool rolls. Here's the thread. Last update was that he had sold out his last few and needed a new source for canvas. Hope he is able to do more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom