Too much rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got the seller to send me these pictures, Northeast car 2007 LC with AHC single owner 162000 miles with all maintenance on file and up to date. He says it’s just surface rust and there isn’t any hidden, but he’s a 6 hour drive away. Thoughts?

5AC39590-97D3-40C2-9F79-58C6026B1B5E.jpeg

2FAE2A47-698E-464E-A31C-2F1546715AEB.jpeg

E7AA1D42-5BF5-481E-92DD-FD36C785A0F9.jpeg

A8A6EB84-E6B1-4F02-A176-ADF5E546AFFA.jpeg

D780EB8B-2FCA-45D8-9351-DC3B8BC49693.jpeg

So many of these lately. Looks fine from what is shown. Lots of threads on here to show you what really problematic rust looks like. Is this too much? For California, yes. For Massachusetts, this is factory fresh. As always get it inspected and check the known problematic areas.

Mud is categorically against rust, a reasonable position for enthusiasts who likely want a better car than most of the population. We also assume everyone plans to keep a truck until the end of time.

My truck is about this rusty or a bit worse. Also a 2007, which is a great year. Price matters, but if the rest is like this, it's easily treated and there's nothing to worry about.

I feel like there should be a specific section of the forum just for this stuff.

Your vehicle is going to die a rusty death in mass regardless. Buying something rust free from the south will just delay the inevitable. Send it, fix as needed.

Leave the happy rust free rigs in the desert to live long happy rust free lives :)

I feel like there should be a specific section of the forum just for this stuff.

Your vehicle is going to die a rusty death in mass regardless. Buying something rust free from the south will just delay the inevitable. Send it, fix as needed.

Leave the happy rust free rigs in the desert to live long happy rust free lives :)
I really appreciate the input, the rest of the vehicle is in about 8/10 condition. I offered 15,500 based on it passing a pre buy inspection and the seller agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom