Too much rake? SOS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So in order to get a slight lift and increased payload in my LC 100, I had OME 863 springs installed in the rear. To counteract the rear lift, I had my mechanic crank the torsion bars to the max. From the center of the hub to the fender, I'm currently sitting at roughly 20.25" in the front, and 24" in the rear. Is that too high in the back? From the naked eye, it looks a little too raised in the back, but I can't be certain. What do guys and gals think?

Any info would be very appreciated.

That is ridiculously awkward looking and drives like crap i bet, you'll need to reindex your torsion bars so you can crank it and get more lift out of the front. You also need at least 60mm of droop as well. Most here ride with a minimum of 1" rake and no more than 1.5" maximum rake.

Here's mine with a 1" rake

50305775118_c487caa1ec_b.jpg

In my personal experience, “rake” doesn’t mean s***, compared to “front droop”, but there is just about a 0% chance that you can have the “forum hive mind” 1-1.5” rake, with a rear measurement of 24”

Last edited:
Yeah it feels like I'm staring down at the road... Would going to a shorter rear spring like the Slee SOF2RH improve things?

Yeah it feels like I'm staring down at the road... Would going to a shorter rear spring like the Slee SOF2RH improve things?

Maybe you should start by describing what load (above stock) you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom