TLC on UsedVictoria thread... (ongoing) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The perfect family hauler ^^^^^

The perfect family hauler ^^^^^

Haha, except the highway would look something like this:
35F348A000000578-3674032-image-a-43_1467656282790.jpg

I would turbo the s*** outta that mog.

Duratracs are junk. Noisy and s***ty , have you guys ever had them?

Haha, I know a lot of people don't like them down south here. Up in northern bc they are pretty popular. They are also known to have weak side walls, but I think this is mostly in the larger 33 and 35" sizes. Honestly, I bought a set as it was to hard to beat the price at Canadian tire, and I'm on a tight budget. So far I've been VERY happy with them. I have skinny ones which balloon less and so are less prone to side wall slashing issues. 235/85R16. Each to their own. Had I the money, I would have bought Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx. Living in Canada's second most un-affordable city while trying to raise a family has trumped that call.

Duratracs are junk. Noisy and s***ty , have you guys ever had them?

I've had a set. 315/70/17 on a one ton.

Junk.

3 camping trips = 4 flats. I took them off with 50% tread and binned them. If they even smelled a gravel road they started leaking. Too be fair, they did perform well in snow and rain but they were new and any tire would, so no great praise there. They just weren't "durable".

Perhaps Nick is right and the smaller ones are better....

I've had a set. 315/70/17 on a one ton.

Junk.

3 camping trips = 4 flats. I took them off with 50% tread and binned them. If they even smelled a gravel road they started leaking. Too be fair, they did perform well in snow and rain but they were new and any tire would, so no great praise there. They just weren't "durable".

Perhaps Nick is right and the smaller ones are better....

I have beat the absolute crap out of mine off road and never had an issue. My personal theory is they made the 235/85R16 size tougher as it's often used on heavy dually pick-ups. They also bulge less at the sides even when aired down, so are less susceptible that way. Before I bought I read into it a lot (as I did have my doubts) and could not find any examples of people having issues with the narrow tires. As per your experience, I HAVE heard of lots of issues with the wider versions though.

Clean looking pick-up

$2,600 · 1988 toyota 4x4

81320381_934.jpg

Warn 8274 with chevy attached? $300

$700 · Mercedes OM617 Turbo Diesel

Includes adapter for Toyota trans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom