TLC on UsedVictoria thread... (ongoing) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not a LC, but cool little car:

$1,200 · 1975 toyota corolla deluxe

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/1975-toyota-corolla-deluxe-_31790259

73222647_934.jpg

I just saw that car in Nanaimo today. Brings back old memories. You got to understand, that was a new car when I was a teenager!
Seats 7, two cases of beer.

They look great when they're restored. The white one above would be a pretty clean start.

254-6770_ToyotaCorollaTE37-E30.jpg

Had one of those in new Zealand for a few months. Fun little rally car on the dirt roads...had a few spectacular power slides...passengers pooping pants as embankments went whizzing past window by an inch or two....clouds of smoke, some from exhaust, some from interior . Good times. :hillbilly:

And saw this from up island. 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser

Had one of those in new Zealand for a few months. Fun little rally car on the dirt roads...had a few spectacular power slides...passengers pooping pants as embankments went whizzing past window by an inch or two....clouds of smoke, some from exhaust, some from interior . Good times. :hillbilly:

And saw this from up island. 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser

No smoke from the tires? :hillbilly:

That cruiser is a pretty decent deal given today's market. Bit of rust to deal with, and needs swap to a manual trans....

I'm trying to hold down my inner 80's child. I so want to put a set of turbine wheels on my
60 but then people would point! Never a mullet, never, never

I'd run the turbines if they were 16". Would re-finish them in a different color though. Really dark matte bronze or something....

I considered them. They are 10"+ wide which would be wider than I'd like for the 10.50 tires. My wagon wheels are a bit beat up... one of them has already been straightened with the back of a hatchet. It was a field repair when it was bent enough that it wouldn't hold air.

They'd also polish up real well :hillbilly:

On a side note, does anyone have any decent 15x8 white spokes? possibly even a 33x10.50 R15 for a spare?

I'd run the turbines if they were 16". Would re-finish them in a different color though. Really dark matte bronze or something....
Burgandy background with silver face would go well with your rig ;)

Dude...we all drive 1980's landcruisers.

We may as well rock mullets and acid wash jeans...:lol:

Speak for yourself... mine's a '74 with a '72 motor and a split hood... it might as well be a 60s or 50s rig.

Speak for yourself... mine's a '74 with a '72 motor and a split hood... it might as well be a 60s or 50s rig.

But to 99% of the population, it could also be an 80's, because they didn't really change anything.

and besides, I seem to recall you having a mullet...so that kinda skews your argument. :flipoff2:

I have a set of 4 15x8 whitespokes. Don't know if I'd go so far as to call them decent, but they're free. They clear the tierods, but it's quite close, and one allegedly is a bit bent ( according to tire shop)

But to 99% of the population, it could also be an 80's, because they didn't really change anything.

and besides, I seem to recall you having a mullet...so that kinda skews your argument. :flipoff2:

I have a set of 4 15x8 whitespokes. Don't know if I'd go so far as to call them decent, but they're free. They clear the tierods, but it's quite close, and one allegedly is a bit bent ( according to tire shop)

Have you posted a pic of the rims anywhere? If they are similar, I'll have to snag them somehow.

No mullet here... long hair perhaps, depending on how long I've put off getting it cut:hmm:

Have you posted a pic of the rims anywhere? If they are similar, I'll have to snag them somehow.

No mullet here... long hair perhaps, depending on how long I've put off getting it cut:hmm:

They're just your basic chev whitespokes with the triangular holes. Nothing special...don't think I have a pic but

I might be able to send them down to vic with someone next weekend...?

Welded flush or curved inwards with a crack?

Like this...
4DA7D0A3-EC25-45CE-9D07-C831803784CE.jpeg

If like above, I’ll take em

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom