TLC on UsedVictoria thread... (ongoing) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WANTED troopie 10,000$
6B8652B4-72CA-4A78-8320-6FC835E3CABF.jpeg

10k wouldent even get me this these days... haha

The FJ45 actually looks not bad. And the BJ40 could be a diesel donor.... Reasonable price if it's for both. And they come with a pile of parts apparently....

landcruiser for sale - $4000 (sunshine coast)

landcruiser for sale

01414_2OuNzCeVNKd_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
The more I think about that ad ^^, the more I think it could actually be a pretty good score. Wish I had time for projects.

Anyone has 22060-50011 accelarator pedal position sensor for 2uz-fe?

Two u zed ef ee? Is that one o' them new fangled 'lectronic engines? We only has carb-rators and injection pumps here.

The more I think about that ad ^^, the more I think it could actually be a pretty good score. Wish I had time for projects.
That's the glass half full side of the argument ....spoken like a man who hasn't spent much time on his back under a truck hammering on a rusted frame recently...:lol:

Probably not more than 4 feet of usable frame between the two of them.

Pooched engine on that 80 series apparently.

That's the glass half full side of the argument ....spoken like a man who hasn't spent much time on his back under a truck hammering on a rusted frame recently...:lol:

Probably not more than 4 feet of usable frame between the two of them.

Pooched engine on that 80 series apparently.

You're probably right. And yes, I've avoided buying rotten vehicles for the most part. Body/frame work is not my thing.

But...I don't think I've seen an unrestored FJ45 that 'looks' as un-rusty as the one in that picture. The BJ40 looks pretty done tho.

Would be nice to know more about that 80. Like what happened to the engine. BEB fail? Timing belt fail?

You're probably right. And yes, I've avoided buying rotten vehicles for the most part. Body/frame work is not my thing.

But...I don't think I've seen an unrestored FJ45 that 'looks' as un-rusty as the one in that picture. The BJ40 looks pretty done tho.

Would be nice to know more about that 80. Like what happened to the engine. BEB fail? Timing belt fail?

Haha I'd just finished replacing my rear spring bushings when I typed that, my tolerance for rusty s*** was at a bit of a low point...

Would be interesting to hear about that engine .

It's not that one that had rolled a couple years ago is it? Ran upside down for a bit or something ?

Probably not .

If i remember correctly the 80 had something fail in timing cover and then ate the belt doing serious damage.

If i remember correctly the 80 had something fail in timing cover and then ate the belt doing serious damage.

Gotta love the that thinking eh?

"Let's take a $10k diesel engine, and make it 100% dependant on a 40 dollar strip of rubber. With even a 1% failure rate , just think of all the new cars we'll sell when they go."

I imagine that conversation has been had in german more than once...maybe with failure margins just a smidge higher...:lol:

Gotta love the that thinking eh?

"Let's take a $10k diesel engine, and make it 100% dependant on a 40 dollar strip of rubber. With even a 1% failure rate , just think of all the new cars we'll sell when they go."

I imagine that conversation has been had in german more than once...maybe with failure margins just a smidge higher...:lol:

You seen this thread in the diesel forum? HDJ81 Died Buddy just went through the same. Seems his mechanic failed to torque a few things properly (or at all). :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom