TLC on UsedVictoria thread... (ongoing) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$1,234 · toyota B turbo diesel engine

$1,234 · toyota B turbo diesel engine

62627658_934.jpg

But why a b? I might do all that to a 3b!
This guy is down your way, you should go take a peak and see what its all about. Asking $4K, the parts alone
would cost that if it's as built as described. Giving away a lot of time for free by the numbers.

Money well spent. Should bump you from a whopping 93hp to about 103hp or so! All kidding aside, definitely the cleanest build i've seen on one of those things.

$7,000 · 1987 HJ60 land cruiser

Motor needs rebuild.
Clutch needs rebuild.
New wheels, tires, OldManEmu SUSPENSION.
ARB BUMPER.

GOOD RESTORATION PROJECT.

NO PARTING OUT.

Yeah, so, the truck is free if you pay retail for the new wheels, tires, OME, and ARB bumper...hard no.

$7,000 · 1987 HJ60 land cruiser

Yeah, so, the truck is free if you pay retail for the new wheels, tires, OME, and ARB bumper...hard no.

If the body and frame are free of rust I'd say its worth it.

And a lot of people think diesels need rebuilds when they really don't. Might just need TLC. That said, 2H pistons do have a habit of killing their ring lands....

Don't really know until you look at it.

If the body and frame are free of rust I'd say its worth it.

And a lot of people think diesels need rebuilds when they really don't. Might just need TLC. That said, 2H pistons do have a habit of killing their ring lands....

Don't really know until you look at it.

I had seen one 2h with the rocker arms so smashed out I had to use a dial indicator to set the valves, this was temporary as we purchased a whole new set ..that accompanied with new injectors and timing set the motor felt much better and started much like a champ..

Two HJs hit that shop at different times with ring lands in one piston shot and the ring took the turbo out..sad.That engine is not happy with to much boost, maybe if intercooled.

IMG_6381.JPG
IMG_6382.JPG
Not in Vic but good for a laugh...
1969 fj40 front end not rusty, frame is in great shape. Has a chev straight 6, ran when parked 15 years ago. Nends a tub and top. Very tough to find one of this year in this great of shape. Perfect for restoration. Clean title and Vin. 250 826 0494 - mike (kelowna)

1969 fj40 | classic cars | Penticton | Kijiji

^^^Sweet, mechanics special but nice rig. I wonder how much higher/lower the interior roof is compared to the
70 series that we have??

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom