TLC on UsedVictoria thread... (ongoing) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$2,700 · 81 Toyota 4x4

$2,700 · 81 Toyota 4x4

61804056_934.jpg

$1,500 · 1992 GMC 20' Box Truck

Don't know what it'd have in it for a diesel...mobile shop?

We have a couple of those at work (only a bit newer and all auto). They have a 5.2L Isuzu turbo diesel. I imagine with some minor tweaking you could double the output and still maintain reliability. They are as overbuilt as a Cummins.

Sure would be nice in a Tundra.... Or a 60.... or an 80.

Also not original diesel if it is an fj40

That and the first B diesel was not offered until 1974 I think? H diesel in 1973? And I don't think any were autos. Even though swapped to a diesel, it's strange that he'd couple it to an auto.

Last edited:
Then you should, sticks are cool.

Until my cruiser, every vehicle (10+?) I've owned was manual. Cool for sure.

I like the auto in heavy traffic around town. And I actually really like it when wheeling. The manual would be nicer on the highway though, and especially when towing. An extra gear would be great.

I should look into how much work it is to swap. As always, time and $$ are in short supply....

Visa depleting machine for sale.

1992 Toyota Landcruiser Diesel RHD

Haha, I was just going to post that in the private section to hide it from the 'mericans. You're too fast....

That thing will sell quick. Especially with extras like the intercooler, bumper etc. Very reasonable deal. Looks clean.

Haha, I was just going to post that in the private section to hide it from the 'mericans. You're too fast....

That thing will sell quick. Especially with extras like the intercooler, bumper etc. Very reasonable deal. Looks clean.

Ha, doesn't really bother me when those things go south. Never really Canadian.

Not like the 42's and 70's the shysters made a living off for so long. :bang:

Ha, doesn't really bother me when those things go south. Never really Canadian.

Not like the 42's and 70's the shysters made a living off for so long. :bang:

I was thinking more along the lines of giving us poor Canadians the first opportunity on a good deal is all. Meh, whatever. HDJ81s can be money pits anyhow....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom