TLC ICON Soft top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I dont know anyone at TLC and heck I dont care if it is made out of $2500 material but they are the best looking to me (ICON). It really doesnt matter what the material is, the pattern is what's important. If that pattern was made in a decent but lesser quality (not 2500) I sure would be interested.

FloridaFJ80,

I am very interested in the top you posted pictures of. Please keep us informed when you speak to the shop. I would need bows as well.

Is the top on the red 40 black or OD green? It looks fantastic.

Thanks

Just the heritage bows that TLC is selling cost nearly as much as Ehsans entire top that includes everything. Although the harware on Ehsans tops are not stainless, it is all easily removable and can be swapped out for stainless with little cost or effort. I also know the quality and craftsmanship are top notch. I don't think there is a better top for the money and Ehsans looks the closest to OEM. You just need some patience regarding delivery from Pakistan. ;)

Here's the Ehsan top I bought from Sputnik:

150469202-L.jpg

150465006-L.jpg

MDH taht looks like the 5 window? not canvas right...

That looks Great!

Love the oem 7 window design...have yet to see one designed with the removable twistlock rear window in 5 or 7 window.

Eshan still does the best work around...his tops are NICE things...and all the other stuff he does!!!! :)

and his stuff issss available too all :)

MDH taht looks like the 5 window? not canvas right...

That looks Great!

Love the oem 7 window design...have yet to see one designed with the removable twistlock rear window in 5 or 7 window.

Eshan still does the best work around...his tops are NICE things...and all the other stuff he does!!!! :)

and his stuff issss available too all :)

Yeah this is one of Ehsans older Vinyl tops with the five windows. He didn't incorporate the rear quarter windows until recently I guess.

The sides and rear windows are not removeable, but roll up and out of the way and really give it an open feel.

I already have the OEM bows and only need the canvas top. Are your canvas tops DURABLE? I need something that will last for years with normal usuage, I was told (not my experience) some of the tops felt apart after only a few years.

I don't mind pay a little more for durability.

Thanks.

I would agree that the black top is made in Colombia. The fabric is actually relatively cheap to have made but apart from that you have to have all of the tubes made, the channel that runs along the windshield and door frames, and in most cases you have to replace the rear doors. Not that this is a problem, it can all be done, and all of the work is made to OEM specs. I'm actually in the process of having a soft top made for my BJ43. The quality of these tops is excelent!
Here are some some pics of my FJ43 with a soft top. I'm shipping some stuff back to the states around July and could probably help put together an order.
As a side note, since the tops are all custom made you can have the windows made however you want.

Soory a little off track, but what kind of tires are those? Thanks.

canvas varies ...mine i know is very heavy...coated...mil grade canvas

Eshans i have no idea how they are just yet...he's only just made them in canvas this year...the vinyl had some issues with the threading comming undone...but...as usual Eshan has come thru and corrected this early issue with his tops.

His canvas tops come waxed...but i have not seen one in person to see the waxing...don't know how they will hold up...time will tell.

I have been telling as many as i could about "Canvak" ...a canvas perservative to put on the canvas...this should be appied every year to protect it from deteriating.

Even mine I canvak each year...to keep it from fadding and preserve it.

I dont know how it will be on a Pakistani top...some tops get a shade darker with the application of canvak.

Canvas with this coating WILL last your lifetime :)

I think both of the Colombian tops look great. You guys should find out how much they run.

brmFJ43 - how to the sides affix to the tub?

Just the heritage bows that TLC is selling cost nearly as much as Ehsans entire top that includes everything. Although the harware on Ehsans tops are not stainless, it is all easily removable and can be swapped out for stainless with little cost or effort. I also know the quality and craftsmanship are top notch. I don't think there is a better top for the money and Ehsans looks the closest to OEM. You just need some patience regarding delivery from Pakistan. ;)

Here's the Ehsan top I bought from Sputnik:

150469202-L.jpg

150465006-L.jpg
Amazing Pictures. Nice photography. Thanks for the nice words.
Ehsan

FloridaFJ80, I would be very curious about the idea. Were you the purchaser of the top from columbia? Do you have any idea of a ballpark figure on price?

Interested as well. Are the fasteners stainless ?

I would be interested in seeing how much it cost just for the canvas top only.

Thanks.

/td

I will be finding out for you guys.

By the way, I'm not trying to steel anyone's idea or business. I'm just offering up my help as well since I'm currently going through this process.
:cheers:

No worries, if we can help out the Cruiser community to have a good quality product for a good price, why not!! I see that your rig is in Bogota? Are you in Colombia or do you live here in the States?

FloridaFJ80,

I am very interested in the top you posted pictures of. Please keep us informed when you speak to the shop. I would need bows as well.

Is the top on the red 40 black or OD green? It looks fantastic.

Thanks

Its Green, Here is a better Pic of it...

I think both of the Colombian tops look great. You guys should find out how much they run.

Awesome, they are well made.

245882511.jpg

245882532.jpg

245882737.jpg

245882795.jpg

Different top but Vinyl......

I will be finding out for you guys.

No worries, if we can help out the Cruiser community to have a good quality product for a good price, why not!! I see that your rig is in Bogota? Are you in Colombia or do you live here in the States?

Yes, I'm in Bogota. Are you in Cali? I'm actually moving back to the states in about 2 months and will be shipping a container there. I would definitely have room to bring some parts back...

Yes, I'm in Bogota. Are you in Cali? I'm actually moving back to the states in about 2 months and will be shipping a container there. I would definitely have room to bring some parts back...

I am in Orlando, but I was in cali for about a month and my friend has a shop there. Good to know that you will have some space... We can all save on the shipping... Your Top looks very nice...

The leading edge will need to be made to slide into a channel and eliminate the snaps! It will seal up much better with a channel.

Thanks

I would be interested in seeing how much it cost just for the canvas top only.

Thanks.

/td

For those of you who may be interested...
Today I'm going to find out a break down of costs for all the different parts (canvas top, frame, optional rear half doors / hinges, etc.). Additionally I'll find out about what colors and window options are available.
:cheers:

I want the 7 window version posted by Johnny C, now!!!!!!!!!!!!

kls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom