TJM Knockoff snorkel fitment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What about heating it with a heat gun then using some sort of rolling pin, like a 1" steel tube, to try and flatten it out. Probably wouldn't be perfect though and its not like its in an inconspicuous place.

Thank you for taking the leap! I'm going to wait to see if you get it all sorted out before I do. I'm not a fan of the logo, and its annoying they told you it didn't have one.

I'd return it.

Well - so much for 'no logo on it':
View attachment 1337417
Package came in about 8 biz days and is a little battered but everything seems to have survived.
View attachment 1337418
I am on the fence about sending it back. Does anyone know any good techniques to texture the surface if I grind off the stupid 'power ful' letters? Material is the usual ABS-like stuff.

I'll take it $50 shipped to AZ. I'll remove the logo, and post the process for the forum.

Jim

AGRRED ^^!!! too much work for the little amount of $$ you spent, with a possible negative result.. I'd return and research another avenue...

J
Guys, agreed and am open to going with a TJM but I can not find in the states, does anyone know a distributor???

Or maybe I'll design/build a SS pipe one:
SS snorkel from Raslar in AU.PNG

Or maybe I'll design/build a SS pipe one:
View attachment 1338914
Yes, and my bad for not elaborating - the first 5 I called were either not in business, didn't stock them, or didn't even realize they were listed as a distributor for TJM. I then resorted to google for any place selling TJM and snorkel, or airtec, (did find dirtyparts in LA had them listed but were out of stock with no idea when they'd get some) and after lots of false trails got nowhere, and threw in the towel. Oh, and I submitted two 'Enquiries' through their corporate site which have never been replied to. Oh and ebay. So I'm not saying there might not exist in the US a place to buy one, just that *I* haven't been able to find them, so if YOOOUUUUU find one I'd love to hear it! ;)

I've also reached out to the same company in Australia I'm looking to import some colored maxtrax through, to see if they can help. Is there interest for a group buy???

Yes, and my bad for not elaborating - the first 5 I called were either not in business, didn't stock them, or didn't even realize they were listed as a distributor for TJM. I then resorted to google for any place selling TJM and snorkel, or airtec, (did find dirtyparts in LA had them listed but were out of stock with no idea when they'd get some) and after lots of false trails got nowhere, and threw in the towel. Oh, and I submitted two 'Enquiries' through their corporate site which have never been replied to. Oh and ebay. So I'm not saying there might not exist in the US a place to buy one, just that *I* haven't been able to find them, so if YOOOUUUUU find one I'd love to hear it! ;)

I think Slee is a TJM dealer as well. If I stubble across one I'll let you know.

J

I've also reached out to the same company in Australia I'm looking to import some colored maxtrax through, to see if they can help. Is there interest for a group buy???
Are you ready for a 20ft container? That's a big group buy......

I don't think slee sells tjm anymore! As far as I know (and I don't know much btw) they cleared out their shelves of all TJM stuff around 2-3 years ago! Again I could be wrong!
I also had a hard time while searching for the airtec anywhere in the US.

@Ramathorn15 yes but I wanted red, and they don't sell the red in the USA as far as I could find so I was looking to import - had a group buy thread over in that section but no takers after few days so maybe going to try TRED XD's instead.

So now we have two options. <$100 but stupid logo, or >$300 for the real deal.

That brings up my next question, @cruzerDave if it weren't for the logo, would you see any other issues with buying the cheapo? Does the build quality of everything look good and appear to come with all the parts to hook up to a petrol 100?

Some people might be willing to deal with the logo for the cheaper price as long as quality is good.

So now we have two options. <$100 but stupid logo, or >$300 for the real deal.

That brings up my next question, @cruzerDave if it weren't for the logo, would you see any other issues with buying the cheapo? Does the build quality of everything look good and appear to come with all the parts to hook up to a petrol 100?

Some people might be willing to deal with the logo for the cheaper price as long as quality is good.
More like 100 and 400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom