Tires Tires Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys the time has come to start shopping for tires. I've heard a few of you talking recently about some tires and I just wanted to get feedback on what your thoughts are on the tires on the market right now ? what do you like? I am running 285 75 16 on my 100 series Landcruiser (it's about a 33 inch tire). Thanks Matt

I have Cooper ST Maxx on my 100 same size as your running and really like them. Surprisingly quiet on the road for how aggressive they look. Snow rated tire as well which is nice for years like this.

actually there are more choices with 16" rims. I would keep the 16s, you also get more sidewall.

Is this 100 a DD or a just a weekend vehicle?

I had 34" on my 80 (Nitto Terra Grapplers) and loved them. I have them on FJC wheels which won't work on my 100, but would love to run them if I can find 17" wheels that I like. I currently have 33"(295s) BFG KO2s on my stock 16" 100 wheels and they are doing a nice job as well...

The 34" are for sale if anyone is interested. They are in CO though!

I've heard some say there are more options at 16, and others say the same about 17. I can't figure out which is right, but I'd like to get 17's so I can run a 285/75 17, which is about 34". I think that seems like a nice tall tire without being too wide and heavy. Thoughts on that tire size? It's for my 80 Series.

I had 34" on my 80 (Nitto Terra Grapplers) and loved them. I have them on FJC wheels which won't work on my 100, but would love to run them if I can find 17" wheels that I like. I currently have 33"(295s) BFG KO2s on my stock 16" 100 wheels and they are doing a nice job as well...

The 34" are for sale if anyone is interested. They are in CO though!

Do any of you guys have any knowledge or experience with dick cepek tires the extreme country

I havent and have never seen them. But that doesnt mean it isnt a good tire.

I have Pro-comp A/T Sport and love them for the 1.5k miles I have ran them. They offer a 6 year 60k mile warranty and is a fairly agressive A/T. I have 315/75r16 which is basically a 35" Plus 4WP normally have them as a buy 3 get 1. So i got all 5 for the price of 4.

You can check them out at the next meeting if you'd like.

I've heard some say there are more options at 16, and others say the same about 17. I can't figure out which is right, but I'd like to get 17's so I can run a 285/75 17, which is about 34". I think that seems like a nice tall tire without being too wide and heavy. Thoughts on that tire size? It's for my 80 Series.

I think this comes from the 37" tire crowd. I believe when you are looking at 37s (or larger) there are more options if you have a 17" wheel. If you stay around 33" (give or take an inch) you have plenty of options with a 16" wheel.

I Run BFG KO2's on my 100 series with Tundra Rock Warrior wheels 285/70/r17. I daily mine and I really like this tire so far. I did a 1400mi road trip up to my home town (Mt.Shasta CA) and they were great on the freeway and the light wheeling I did while I was there.

I am liking for 35" inch tires personally. Cost wise the 16" wheel has a cheaper cost per wheel verse the 17" wheel, like 40 to 60 bucks more. I'm a huge fan of the Falcon AT3W all terrain tire. Any looking for 37's let me know

Last edited:

What size rims do you have now? and tires?

I am currently running 37s on 17" Tundra wheels. I'm thinking of going to 15" wheels, possibly beadlocks. On the fence about the beadlocks tho because most tire shops won't deal with them. I've had a friend or two turned away for a simple rotation because they're running beadlocks. And forget about the shops mounting them.....

To answer @Surfnoverland question. For an all around tire, I think you'll find PLENTY of valid arguments and justifications for the BFG KO2s. It's a tried and true top performer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom