Timing belt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to get into the front end of my motor and check the timing belt. I’ve seen it before but cannot find it via search right now. What is the easiest way to get a quick view of the timing belt? Can someone help me find that post or tell me what the easiest way is to see the timing belt? It may have failed yesterday. Not good.

There are plastic covers you can take off. They bolt to the heads and VC's.

Why do you think it failed? If it failed on the 06 in your description engine is probably toast.

Remove drive belt, remove 3 screws and 1 nut from passenger side cam timing cover, remove cover, look at belt.

There are plastic covers you can take off. They bolt to the heads and VC's.

Why do you think it failed? If it failed on the 06 in your description engine is probably toast.
Any proof that every engine with timing belt fail is toast? Or just an opinion?

Any proof that every engine with timing belt fail is toast? Or just an opinion?
Re-read his post. He specifically stated 06. The 2006-2007 model years with the vvti are, from all observed evidence, interference engines in which timing belt failure is typically catastrophic. The pre-vvti 2uz engines on the other hand typically survive timing belt failure without any damage to valves, etc.

Also, why do you think the timing belt failed?

Most timing belt failures occur at the crank gear.It used to be that you could rock the crank pulley and watch the rotor button but since there’s no distributor you will have to have a visual view of the belt .

Verified. The belt snapped. I’m going to have it looked at tomorrow to see what damage occurred inside.

Re-read his post. He specifically stated 06. The 2006-2007 model years with the vvti are, from all observed evidence, interference engines in which timing belt failure is typically catastrophic. The pre-vvti 2uz engines on the other hand typically survive timing belt failure without any damage to valves, etc.

Thanks for your lesson in the English language. I certainly didn’t have the ability to read that he said 06 until you told me that. I appreciate your teachings.

They’re all interference engines, VVTI or not.

Thanks for your lesson in the English language. I certainly didn’t have the ability to read that he said 06 until you told me that. I appreciate your teachings.

NO they are not all interference engines. just the VVTI engine are interference.
it has been said earlier engines are interference engines but that is false.

some more info on your situation,
how long have you owned the rig?
how many miles?
has the timing belt been done? if so how many miles ago?
there was another post from a member, who had a failure due to an aftermarket water pump halfway thru the life of the belt.

If you’ve got it all figured out why are you here asking stupid questions then flaming me and others for a legitimate response 🤔🤡

You and I have butted heads in the pst, but on this front we reunite 🤣🤣🤣

If you’ve got it all figured out why are you here asking stupid questions then flaming me and others for a legitimate response 🤔🤡
I think he came here for a shoulder to cry on. Bought the v in 2017. Trusted the PO to put the tyres he wanted on and that the tbelt had been done. Looks like neither happened.

You and I have butted heads in the pst, but on this front we reunite 🤣🤣🤣
The Hatfields and McCoys made amends eventually. If you had told him to pour some bedliner on the broken belt to fix it, I would’ve ended the feud on the spot.

2E7B3C80-F655-41DD-A2DB-C47D4AD21173.jpeg

The Hatfields and McCoys made amends eventually. If you had told him to pour some bedliner on the broken belt to fix it, I would’ve ended the feud on the spot.

View attachment 2736320

To bad bedliner cant fix pistons and valves smashing into eachother, thats the ONE thing it can't do!

How many VVTI or non-VVTI engines has anyone seen or confirmed destroyed due to a broken timing belt?

Anyone?

Being overly sensitive and insulting people who try to help you is always a winning idea. Enjoy your bent valves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom