Tie rod end torque specs/advice! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I’m getting ready to replace my tie rod ends with the kit from SOR. This is the first time I’ve ever done this! I have a tie rod end removal tool…a torque wrench. Now….what else should I prepare for?

Also, does anyone know the torque specs for these castle nuts? A quick google search revealed nada.

Thanks!

torque for the nuts is shwon in the rectangular boxes. See the legend at the top of the graphic for the units associated with each number. Looks like Tie and Relay rod ends are each 67 ft-lbs. steering damper ends are 54 ft-lbs.

1680026532806.png

A pipe wrench or a pair of large channel locks comes in handy for turning the tie rods to dial in the alignment.

Be prepared for the old TREs to not want to come out of the tie rods. As always, heat, PB Blaster, and a solidly-mounted bench vise will help get them free. I applied anti-seize when reinstalling.

Did you feel bad and delete your post?? 😂😂 anyways where were you with this information when I was doing the TRE job ?!
Texas, Missouri and Tennessee working. Sometimes work is fun and no time for the internet.
Sometimes I’m a bit too abrasive in my replies or so I’ve been told.

Texas, Missouri and Tennessee working. Sometimes work is fun and no time for the internet.
@cruiserpilot I gotta agree with @Jakey77 that your post wasn’t timely, but it was 100% accurate 🤣🤣

Roger that. I don’t care what anyone says about you…you’re ok in my book 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom