Thread for belt driven/engine bay air compressor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There was a thread on here where someone was making/selling the brackets/pullies to mount an air compressor in the engine bay, I can't find it now for some reason....

Ten kits left ;)

Where can I get a reputable rema 210 York?
@jonheld helped me two times with his setup this past weekend and was very impressed, just don’t know anything about it ?

Other than being mechanical, what would be the difference from the twin arb compressor ?

D.

A York will put out MUCH more air than the ARB. Go to any good A/C repair shop and price them out.

Where can I get a reputable rema 210 York?
@jonheld helped me two times with his setup this past weekend and was very impressed, just don’t know anything about it ?

Other than being mechanical, what would be the difference from the twin arb compressor ?

D.
LOL, my York was screaming in pain trying to fill up your obscenely large tires.
IIRC, your neighbor @woytovich has a couple laying around his shop. I got/borrowed/stole mine from him years ago.
You need to get the correct double pulley/clutch for the 1FZ. The magnetic clutches are integral to the pulley and the bearings are replaceable.
You want a York 210 and you'll need a larger tank than I have. The Wits End products from Joey are the bees knees and every detail has been worked out. The VIAR 2.5 gallon 200 PSI tank is too large for my truck because of exhaust routing, but I'm sure you can find a place for that or something larger.

Last edited:
LOL, my York was screaming in pain trying to fill up your obscenely large tires.
IIRC, your neighbor @woytovich has a couple laying around his shop. I got/borrowed/stole mine from him years ago.
You need to get the correct double pulley/clutch for the 1FZ. The magnetic clutches are integral to the pulley and the bearings are replaceable.
You want a York 210 and you'll need a larger tank than I have. The Wits End products from Joey are the bees knees and every detail has been worked out. The VIAR 2.5 gallon 250 PSI tank is too large for my truck because of exhaust routing, but I'm sure you can find a place for that or something larger.
Thanks
You want a York 210 and you'll need a larger tank than I have. The Wits End products from Joey are the bees knees and every detail has been worked out. The VIAR 2.5 gallon 250 PSI tank is too large for my truck because of exhaust routing, but I'm sure you can find a place for that or something larger.

Thanks for the info Jon, will reach to Mark and see what he has. I have an old aluminum 10 gal tank, perhaps this could work ?

Thanks for the info Jon, will reach to Mark and see what he has. I have an old aluminum 10 gal tank, perhaps this could work ?
Be careful with old tanks. You need to know the working pressure rating. Last thing you want is another bomb in your truck.
The tank is probably the least expensive item in the system. I would buy a new one.

Goo
Be careful with old tanks. You need to know the working pressure rating. Last thing you want is another bomb in your truck.
The tank is probably the least expensive item in the system. I would buy a new one.

very good point ! Thanks again.....
D.

Unless its dented or worn you old aluminum tank should be fine. At least they don't rust like the steel ones, and you save a bit of weight.

I've got an aluminum "hot dog" style tank out back in front of the rear bumper. It does its job, not sure how it would turn into a bomb at 125 psi... Plastic tubing is thinner wall and holds pressure fine, tends to split and bleed air when they rupture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom