Thoughts on CCOT half doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dogfishlake

"Go on a living spree"
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hello all,

I have been slowly getting time to at least THINK about my new 40, and order a few items. I am going to put a SOR bikini top on it for summer, and was looking for anyone with an opinion on the Cool Cruisers half doors. I may just use my original doors this year but it looks like the halfs would be nice. They are a big chunk of money and I usually fab all the stuff I can but I am trying to back off a bit and let pros be pros and take the valuable time for Cruiser fun vs. Cruiser wrenching/fab. Anyway, long rant but would truly appreciate opinions from the experienced members. Thank you!

You could buy tubular half doors from Metaltech or Redline for way less $$.

You could buy tubular half doors from Metaltech or Redline for way less $$.
True, and tube doors are a real possibility, since the investment is easier on the wallet, but the factory look of half doirs is what I really like. It may also happen that I mod a set of original doors into half doors. The problem there is that I would likely start with rotted doors because I don't think I could stomach cutting nice ones, thus having way too much time wrapped up in that plus the money.

Tube doors =plan A. Gets you behind the wheel today, with a lot more gas money.

Half doors=plan B

Life=what happens while you're making other plans.

I will likely just leave the stock full doors if not half doors, looks kind of strange but I still like that look too. Could go no doors as well I suppose. The game changer for me would be finding a pair of really inexpensive fixer upper doors to mod or a pair of mint original 653 Olive Brown doors to replace mine and mod the ones I have. Patience is a virtue I suppose. Wish I had some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom