Third Annual Southeast 70 Series Meet & Greet (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

trying to decide if im going to leave after work tomorrow and camp out near the parkway before this

My friend and I are making a plan for Saturday to go kayaking, and I just wanted to throw it out there in case someone else wanted to join.

We will be leaving Windrock campgourd around 7am and heading east towards the smokey mountains, traveling the Tail of the Dragon to get to the Nantahala river.

It is an easy class II whitewater river with a more exciting class III rapid at the end which can be portaged around if you want to skip or the more likely occurrence of trying again.

Inflatable kayaks, tandems, and rafts are available for rent from the NOC.

We will then be returning via the Cherohala skyway, stopping to take in the views and visit some waterfalls as time allows.

Our target is to be back to Windrock around 5:30pm to make sure we are on time for dinner.

We are leaving S. W. Georgia around 7:00am Thursday morning and should arrive in Oakridge around mid-afternoon. If anyone plans to arrive early enough for dinner give me a shout.
My cell phone number .... 229-221-8606

Last edited:
IMG_5423.JPG

Last treatment and then it's pack up, fuel up and rest before departing St. Louis area to head east. Looking forward to being able to shake the hands of so many helpful people.

love the packing job :)
There is a method to my madness and unlike you panel van guys, I don't have 1,000 square feet of cargo space. Don't worry, the plastic wrap and duct tape is under the T-shirts. :)

Last edited:
Saturday's itenarary ......
Social hour at the Comfort Inn from 5:30-6:30pm. (BYOB)
Catered Dinner from 6:30 ... Until
Raffle to follow.

Thursday & Friday ...... Cook at one of the cabins or meet at one of the local restaurants. (Opinions are welcome)

Sorry all,
I hate to say it but I am going to have to bow out of this excursion. A last minute change of plans.

THE FINAL LIST ............ :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Gun Runner 5 ..... HZJ77 ..... Thursday
@joekatana ..... HZJ73 ..... Thursday
@Tredwards ..... FZJ80 ..... Thursday
@GreaseMonkeyJP ..... HDJ77 ..... Thursday
@LDowney .... BJ70 .... Thursday / Friday
@elkaholic ..... BJ74 ..... Thursday
@Tennessee80 ..... FJ40 ..... Friday
@ukaviator ..... FJ45 ..... Friday
Tucker Brown ..... 40 Series ..... Friday
@divemedic ..... PZJ77 ..... Late Friday / Saturday
@AndrewHadji ..... HZJ75 ..... Thursday
@WanderinWhitlows ..... HZJ77 ..... Thursday
@The Eradicator ..... BJ73 ...... Friday
@Kentex Rick ..... FZJ80 ..... Thursday
@Beastiethe70 ..... BJ70 ..... Friday
Rob Smith ..... Odd Iron Off Road ..... Thursday
John Bailey ..... Mercedes Unimog ..... Thursday
@Marv5 ..... BJ74 ..... Thursday
@chrisspaulding ..... HDJ73 ..... Thursday
@jmlockwood ..... LX450 ...... Thursday
@jasonbraswell ..... FJ40 ..... Friday
@ufg8r ..... FJ60 ..... Friday
@bulletsmith ..... 4Runner ..... Saturday
(23 Rigs to date)

This is by far the best turnout we have ever had. A special thanks to our sponsors and those who are planning to attend.

Last Updated 09/20

----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I might have missed it, but what are the start times and locations for the rides Friday and Saturday?

Sorry if that info is already out there....there are a lot of posts in this thread!

I might have missed it, but what are the start times and locations for the rides Friday and Saturday?

Sorry if that info is already out there....there are a lot of posts in this thread!
Both trail rides should originate at approximately 9:00am at Windrock. If anything changes, I'll post here Thursday night.

Just spoke to our official guide and he confirmed that we'll roll at 9:00am each morning.

I may be arriving later than expected, Saturday instead of Friday. Possibly :( I will update here so I can connect with those camping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom