There are two ventilation ports on the valve cover, a PCV port and ???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the other port/hose on the top of the valve cover that routes to the intake?

I have been experiencing a TON of smoke upon acceleration from stop after long drives without stopping. I have an oil-catch device between the PCV and the PCV port on the TB but there's no oil being collected in the catch at all. (see full conversation here 1996 1FZ-FE with 200k started billowing thick white smoke when accelerating from stoplight)
Image from iOS (2).jpg

I've been seeing threads talking about excessive oil consumption and others have asked about this other "ventilation port" (as the exploded parts-view diagrams refer to this other hose coming from the valve cover) but no one has answered what this other port/hose/vent on the valve cover is! Below is a photo of the hose from the other ventilation port to the intake.
Image from iOS (1).jpg

The port/hose/part in question is the one below circled in green. The PCV is circled in yellow.
Image from iOS.jpg

Breather and PCV hoses. The PCV hose looks to be kinked.

So if my PCV hose is blocked/clogged (or in this case, kinked), could that force oil up that other breather hose and into my intake?

What is the purpose of another breather leading from the crank case to the intake in addition to the PCV hose leading to the TB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom