The truthful story of a man who drinks coffee, does outreach & drives a 70 Series in Honduras (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Jade Bean

Figuring out life still.
SILVER Star
Threads
IMG_7769.JPG

Photo from yesterday of us with some friends here in Copán. My family is to the right.

Okay so because I riddle the Random Picture Thread with all my adventures, it has been suggested that I start a thread dedicated to the nonsense that I get into.

So a very shortened version of how I got here and then I'll fill in the blanks little by little...
So my family and I came to Honduras to work with the people in an effort to be the light of Christ through actual serving. We also have a coffee farm we started here approx 6 years ago that was for the purpose of generating money for the above vision. We have officially been living here in Copán Ruinas, Honduras for over 3 months now. We started with a Hilux here which I loved, but traded straight out for a '96 70 series LC because thats what really wanted in the first place and it meets our overall needs better. Currently we are working towards constructing a bouldering wall to teach the youth here how to rock climb so as to help keep them out of gang life by giving them something new to do. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that my wife is the glue that holds us together by providing love, support and a great home through healthy cooking and a clean house. It's note worthy that we are being blackmailed to sell our farm because a Honduran believes we are rich and he's "part" owner in our land as that's the way it "works" here and now he wants $10,000 that we don't have. All in all it has been the most adventure filled 3 months of my 39years of life and that's just the highlights!

Stayed tuned! -Daniel Kent

IMG_7817.JPG
Okay so here's some nonsense for you...
We are having a overhang roof put on because the builders that built the house that we rent built over the 5 years so it's not really done right and there's a load of issues. So the roof line is to high and this allows rain to pour into the stairs which floods the lower part of the house to include the garage.

So for the last week the contractor comes and goes to drop off one piece needed and says I'll be by tomorrow to do the work. HAHAHA...he won't be by tomorrow. The trend here is to say what you want to hear and NEVER the truth as that would imply weakness and incompetence in them.

The contractor just stopped by to grab a tool he left here and says he'll be by later today to work. Laugh out loud. I'll let you know if a miracle happens and he shows up to actually work!

From brown plantain to delicious pancake! My wife is amazing! -Daniel

IMG_7818.JPG

Crazy filled day... Got a flat on my new tires!!!! Since I'm an idiot, I left all my tools at my house. Praise God for a friend who came to the rescue! Funny (now), the jack that's in the LC is flimsy and for a small car so the LC fell off the jack 3 times until we found a bottle jack.

The guys also showed up today to put up one of the roof covers and the work was pretty good.

IMG_7820.JPG
IMG_7826.JPG
IMG_7827.JPG

Removed my flares and saw the hack job that was done reapplying them after apparent repairs by a PO. Urg! The passenger front fender is really bad and really just needs a new fender.
IMG_7875.JPG
IMG_7876.JPG
IMG_7877.JPG
IMG_7882.JPG
IMG_7883.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom