Builds The Sister Wife - Dottie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The real wife is out of town for a week, so Dottie will get a little more attention.

Today I started to research additional tuning on the Holley Sniper EFI. After 1,000 miles of driving so far, I learned you can apply the “learned” settings to the base fuel map. So then I fired up a new Windows virtual machine because we only have Macs.

I downloaded the updated firmware for the Sniper and applied the updates through SD card.

While in the config, I smoothed out the time table and that seems to have solved my engine roughness while still under operating temperature. I kept the original Sniper config as a backup in the event I need to revert back.

A quick 10 mile drive and everything seems to run great.

Just finished a full paint correction. I'm really happy with the results, but the total time was like 20+ hrs of work over the course of a week. I also decided to take the side protection off. Just wasn't my cup of tea.

IMG_6200.jpeg
IMG_6222.jpeg

Just finished a full paint correction. I'm really happy with the results, but the total time was like 20+ hrs of work over the course of a week. I also decided to take the side protection off. Just wasn't my cup of tea.

View attachment 3400254View attachment 3400255
This thing is gorgeous. Is it white or silver?
Any suspension info? Definitely sounds like an awesome crawler. How’s the highway/cornering manners? How does your wife get in (assuming she’s not 6’8”)? 😎

Since the truck hasn't sold, I've decided to complete some additional tasks that I have wanted to do since I bought the truck. Today was parts ordering day, AGAIN!!

I don't think there is anything wrong with the brake booster, but the brake master cylinder is rough, and brakes are one of those things you don't go cheap on. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

The weatherstripping after 30+ years, could use a refresh.

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 6.01.58 PM.png

Last edited:
When are we going to see this thing on some rocks again?

I think my biggest Cruiser inspiration when I first got mine.

A96B6E79-4D0E-463E-89F2-A7E34E29B2AA.jpeg

If everything works out, the new owner lives in Tampa, so you will have to ask him.

Well, that means it will probably never be. :(

Since the truck hasn't sold, I've decided to complete some additional tasks that I have wanted to do since I bought the truck. Today was parts ordering day, AGAIN!!

I don't think there is anything wrong with the brake booster, but the brake master cylinder is rough, and brakes are one of those things you don't go cheap on. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

The weatherstripping after 30+ years, could use a refresh.

View attachment 3426741
@Redwood Where did you place this order? I need many of the same parts!

Replaced all 4 door exterior window glass felts. I also added “Dead Matte Black” vinyl since the chrome was hiding the original silver paint underneath.

Purchased from CityRacer & Rvinyl
IMG_6439.jpeg

IMG_6440.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom