The Rebirth of Jillian (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dude, how old are you? You don't look a day over 20 in those pics!

Anyway, I'm trying to follow in your footsteps with my 80. I haven't done anything totally crazy yet, but only because it was my only vehicle for 4 years. Now that I've got a mileage machine in my name, I can't wait to start beating my junk...er, 80...

And get chopping on the rear X-member! Talk to Nay for ideas.

LOL! I will take that as a compliment, Lane! I am 28.

My advice to you would be make sure that you have a dedicated plan and stick with it. I am getting to the point where my 80 is loosing the qualities most people buy 80's for.

As for copying Nay, I really try not to! :flipoff2:

On 3/19, Jillian got to go play at a fellow club members property for our annual Bearing Packing Party!!! Here are some videos I stole. :D

Rock Climb

Car Crawl

I was already thinking a 1/4 way into the video for the Rock Climb you would try one attempt at crawling and then you would back up and slam on the gas as predicted :flipoff2:

solves 2 problems
!C!tchygEGk~$(KGrHqF,!lcEz+y(EBJLBNENCK3+5g~~_12.jpg
!C!tc(DQ!mk~$(KGrHqV,!l0Ez+5CvKBrBNENBr1itw~~_12.jpg

Interesting thread, Chad. Your tranny/t.case crossmember/skidplate is an excellent mod, even for my expo built rig. I really like the design & protection. I want to watch your build through this :popcorn: and maybe get the chance to wheel with you later this year. I missed some great opportunities last year. I've moved to the John Day area, but still have my hand in with Carlos & Todd and the rest of the Central Oregon Cruisers. :steer: A lot of windshield time between here and Bend, not to mention your neck of the woods. Too bad gas is getting so damn expensive. :bang:

Thanks, Tom, I'm glad your still happy with it. I have finally gotten off my butt and built a jig for them so that I can start building them on a semi-regular basis! (Okay, okay... Dad finally built me a jig because I'm too lazy/busy!)

That's awesome :) You and your Dad's skid is great!

This Friday, Brittney and I were able to bug out of work a bit early and take a little road trip. Leaving Tualatin, OR at 3:45p, we made it to The Dalles, OR before we had to stop for a quick bite to eat.

2011-03-25_17-38-17_526.jpg

After that, it was set the cruise control and keep truckin’ east. It was dark by the time we got to Pendleton, OR but we just kept on pushing. Going over Cabbage Pass we hit snow and icy roads. After LaGrande it looked pretty clear until just outside of Baker City. The temps dropped almost 10* without warning. I noticed emergency lights up ahead and changed lanes. As the trailer started fishtailing I realized the highway was a sheet of black ice! I was able to get back into control and didn’t have an issue but there were a few drivers that fell victim to the ice. We saw at least 4 cars in the ditch and one roll over in the span of maybe 3 miles. After 5 miles, the temp went back up and the ice was gone. Needless to say we were watching the thermometer like a hawk after that!

We ended up shutting down in Boise, ID at 12:30 local time (darn time zone change). The place we stayed at had a little bar, so we went down to grab a drink and unwind a bit. We had fun but it was weird going into a bar where you could smoke! I’ve gotten used to clean air in OR bars!

Saturday morning found us nice and relaxed. We were able to get a good breakfast in and picked our way out to Mountain Home, ID to meet up with Eric (Generic) at his home. We got there around noon (local time) and got the opportunity to BS for a few hours. I haven’t had the chance to see Eric for a few years now, so it was great to catch up! With the trailer loaded, we pointed the ol Dodge west. We now had a fresh 80-Series body both on the trailer and in the bed of the truck! (Thanks again, Eric!)

2011-03-26_15-41-13_695.jpg

We made it back to Boise in time to eat a good dinner, top off the fuel tank in the Dodge and stop by Cabella’s store. Brittney had never been to a Cabella’s, so we took are time and looked at everything. Personally, I think I could be there everyday! We decided to head back to the same place we stayed the night before instead of heading farther west. That way we would be able to see the landscape and not run the risk of ice again.

The little bar at the hotel had a blues band playing that night, so we headed down to the chamber of second hand smoke once again. The band was awesome! So was the indoor hot tub we got to enjoy before heading off to bed.

Sunday we got up and started picking our way west. It was fun seeing the sights as we blew past them in the Dodge. The trailer was pulling great and we really had no reasons to stop. Road tripping at it’s finest! We pulled into the driveway a little around 5:30pm, dropped the trailer and went to find dinner. All in all it was a great trip!

Now I just need to get the body into the shop and start modifying it for Jillian. I am super excited… Now I just need to figure out what color to paint her. I have narrowed it down to a bright red to match the Dodge and the trailer or stick with my original plan of tan… Hmmmm….

Here are some pics of our trip home:
2011-03-27_10-35-32_535.jpg

2011-03-27_11-38-18_502.jpg

2011-03-27_11-47-48_647.jpg

2011-03-279510-57-2995271.jpg

2011-03-27_13-16-50_115.jpg

Awesome, so what are your plans for that body? Did you figure it was easier to do it separate then work with one on your rig? I want a tow rig!!

The plan is to bob, trim and paint before it gets dropped on my frame. My body is so beat up that it would be really difficult to bob. None of the panals would line up after you cut it! LOL

As for the tow rig, it is very nice to have... And I averaged 22 mpg on this trip!

Thats funny ..sorry about that O.g CARLOSFJ..No clue there was already a CARLOSFJ....:confused:

Answers ..........10"sep at front axle no clearance problems yet.
8" sep at frame rail
42" adjustable to 46" all four bottom links
32" top front link
28" top rear link
both pan hard bar mounts i moved 2" up at axle.
Doing a H/a kit ...

Has any one tryed SLEE's front drive line? wondering if its a long slip and work on a 5+ lift

I would make one side, adjustable.Only because it makes allin. easyer and fine tuneable.
Front lower links are 42 1/2 bolt center to bolt center.

I'm parking these here for future reference... Don't mind me! :flipoff2:

Feel free to steal any pics you would like!

I keep all of your junkyard wheeling pics. They will come in handy at some point when you need a smackdown when your trailer queen starts talking trash :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom