The Official 12HT intercooler thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
The 12H-T's older brother ..... The 2H. :)

image.jpg

Jason, any pics of how you did a hood scoop and/if you sealed it to the cooler. Erm I hope there was something like that.
Your pics show no signs of directing air over the cooler.
g

I'm pretty sure TimHJ61 has a front mount on his one. Also seen kits for front mount 12ht coolers on Aussie eBay for about $1300 Australian.

Mark

IS that door trim you used to seal it up? Bit of a gap, but I found mine quite finiky to seal. Looks like you do have some room for a fan if you decided to go that way. My testing showed very little flow over the core below 40Km/h and my scoop had half the surface area of my core.

IS that door trim you used to seal it up? Bit of a gap, but I found mine quite finiky to seal. Looks like you do have some room for a fan if you decided to go that way. My testing showed very little flow over the core below 40Km/h and my scoop had half the surface area of my core.
that door trim was placed around the cut edge until i put the scoop on, it wasnt for sealing the intercooler to the hood. i have heaps of room under it for a fan or two I have just been busy with a new born + work etc. i did however re route and re wire my headlight sprayers to spray water over the core. hillbilly tech yo

That's a nice job fitting a pretty generous core in there. Be interesting to get some pre and post intake temps to see what efficiencies you get when you chuck a fan on, or even just with the hood scoop. Sealing it to the hood will help a lot with getting good flow over it.
g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom