The MUD 100 series Photos thread (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hit 250,000 miles on Sunday :cool:

IMG_0221.jpeg

Is it possible that my poor front wheel stuff could be from too stiff of a shock? I should have actually inspected, but this was the point where I was losing rear wheel traction.

IMG_8599.jpg

Is it possible that my poor front wheel stuff could be from too stiff of a shock? I should have actually inspected, but this was the point where I was losing rear wheel traction.

View attachment 2595015
Yes, you should get the front stuff in a little more. Are you running stock torsion bars? How much lift in the front?
The biggest issue with the TB lift is that is restricts your upwards wheel movement - so you sacrifice wheel travel to gain the lift!

Yes, you should get the front stuff in a little more. Are you running stock torsion bars? How much lift in the front?
The biggest issue with the TB lift is that is restricts your upwards wheel movement - so you sacrifice wheel travel to gain the lift!

Yeah, stock tbars. Figured I might be able to lessen the stress they see by using a stiffer shock, but maybe that was a mistake?
I would have to go measure it again but I think the front is 2.5 or 3 over stock. Does cranking the tbars not just change the resting position of the front end? I thought that it would still be able to cycle through the full range of motion, just greater risk of snapping the bars at a point.

IMG_8590.jpg

So the shocks shouldn't restrict the uptravel. When you put more twisting force on the TBs, they push the front LCAs down and resist the upward motion more than they did before. All of that results in the wheel not travelling as high up as it would otherwise.

extensive tech discussion best left for another thread - thanks

Yeah, stock tbars. Figured I might be able to lessen the stress they see by using a stiffer shock, but maybe that was a mistake?
I would have to go measure it again but I think the front is 2.5 or 3 over stock. Does cranking the tbars not just change the resting position of the front end? I thought that it would still be able to cycle through the full range of motion, just greater risk of snapping the bars at a point.

View attachment 2595101
You seem to missing a lug nut.

Why are you surprised that frame is in tact? Aren’t Cruisers jumped all day across the pond where you are?
I was surprised since the landing happened on a hard surface on the way out of the dunes not soft sand. Landing on a hard surface and soft sand is a major difference.

take this one for example (sorry low quality image from a video) landing on that soft sand feels much less impactful even with bad shocks. So that’s why you see us sending the cruisers right off the dunes or on soft sandy areas.

F11F163E-B4E1-41F3-ADE7-BA9370944B20.png

Jump.jpg

Last edited:
I was surprised since the landing happened on a hard surface on the way out of the dunes not soft sand. Landing on a hard surface and soft sand is a major difference.

take this one for example (sorry low quality image from a video) landing on that soft sand feels much less impactful even with bad shocks. So that’s why you see us sending the cruisers right off the dunes or on soft sandy areas.

View attachment 2596009

View attachment 2596041
What are the part numbers on the King shocks you guys run? Is there a specific shock you’re all using?

What are the part numbers on the King shocks you guys run? Is there a specific shock you’re all using?
No specific shock. The OEM 2.5 kit with adjusters (standard king spec valving) from Filthymotorsports or from local dealers.

In my personal experience the standard spec kings work the best in terms of ride quality and performance.

I tried kings from Ryan at accu tune off-road and found the standard spec kings to be better overall.

Broken items after “jumping a 7000lbs vehicle “ That’s not “shocking” at all. Perhaps you shouldn’t watch Dukes of hazard ?!?!
I'm all for it. I want to see someone jumping massive vehicles and it's nice that it doesn't have to be me. :D

Broken items after “jumping a 7000lbs vehicle “ That’s not “shocking” at all. Perhaps you shouldn’t watch Dukes of hazard ?!?!
7000lbs!!

A bone stock lc100 in the states which is the VXR full option here is 5185 lbs

The lc100 I'm driving "GX", is around 4500lbs.

Again, It was shocking because it was an accidental big jump, I was going around 70mph, and saw a curved bump, manmade barrier/obstacle (that's supposed to create two lanes so that people going to the dunes stay right, and people going backstay left to prevent accidents). I immediately stepped on the brakes but it was too late and hit the bump ended up nose-diving and landing on the passenger side, on top of that it was a hard surface like I mentioned above.

When I personally want to send it, I never jump it big the first time, I always start slow and see how the vehicle reacts to the jump then I speed up accordingly. If I just end up sending it the first time every time, I doubt I or the LC100 would be alive now.

IT TURNED OUT I ACTUALLY DO HAVE FRAME DAMAGE.

Passenger and driver side body mounts, the ones in the middle, are cracked. Wielding work is needed.

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.PNG

7000lbs!!

A bone stock lc100 in the states which is the VXR full option here is 5185 lbs

The lc100 I'm driving "GX", is around 4500lbs.

Again, It was shocking because it was an accidental big jump, I was going around 70mph, and saw a curved bump, manmade barrier/obstacle (that's supposed to create two lanes so that people going to the dunes stay right, and people going backstay left to prevent accidents). I immediately stepped on the brakes but it was too late and hit the bump ended up nose-diving and landing on the passenger side, on top of that it was a hard surface like I mentioned above.

When I personally want to send it, I never jump it big the first time, I always start slow and see how the vehicle reacts to the jump then I speed up accordingly. If I just end up sending it the first time every time, I doubt I or the LC100 would be alive now.

IT TURNED OUT I ACTUALLY DO HAVE FRAME DAMAGE.

Passenger and driver side body mounts, the ones in the middle, are cracked. Wielding work is needed.

View attachment 2596870

View attachment 2596871

Sorry to hear about this. Were you running stock bump stops or extended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom