The MUD 100 series Photos thread (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry to hear about this. Were you running stock bump stops or extended?
actually that crack is not noticeable at all Offroad, you can only hear/notice it on road when you turn left or right. Minor popping noise so no issue at all.

Stock bump stops, extended bump stops would reduce up travel.

With lift, tires,front and rear bumpers... couple people- you would be close to 7,000. Had mine weighed not long ago. Was close to 6,000.
Sorry to hear about your frame, surprised. Yet extreme circumstances

DCE0224E-3151-4F6F-A725-C3A95E773B6C.jpeg

7000lbs!!

A bone stock lc100 in the states which is the VXR full option here is 5185 lbs

The lc100 I'm driving "GX", is around 4500lbs.

Again, It was shocking because it was an accidental big jump, I was going around 70mph, and saw a curved bump, manmade barrier/obstacle (that's supposed to create two lanes so that people going to the dunes stay right, and people going backstay left to prevent accidents). I immediately stepped on the brakes but it was too late and hit the bump ended up nose-diving and landing on the passenger side, on top of that it was a hard surface like I mentioned above.

When I personally want to send it, I never jump it big the first time, I always start slow and see how the vehicle reacts to the jump then I speed up accordingly. If I just end up sending it the first time every time, I doubt I or the LC100 would be alive now.

IT TURNED OUT I ACTUALLY DO HAVE FRAME DAMAGE.

Passenger and driver side body mounts, the ones in the middle, are cracked. Wielding work is needed.

View attachment 2596870

View attachment 2596871
Well, it seems that you landed on the front passenger side, which is a lot of mass coming down on one axle. It makes sense that something got a little tweaked. I did a similar thing years ago on a quad in the dunes, at night, straight up a dune (razor back--step going up and step on the back) and launched it into to complete darkness, eventually landing on the front right axle, blowing tires off the wheels, bending control arms, and handle bars. Luckily it was sand which is much more forgiving than hard pack. Hopefully a good weld job will fix it, here, salvage title.

First outing triple locked and ate a humble pie following lifter jeeps on 37" mud tires! Winch to the rescue!

1614524453650.png

Took it to the garage this morning, owner told me it the cracks could be fixed no problem. So glad to hear that. Should be done in two days.

He found a couple more areas that need wielding work.

In the meantime, I need to get into contact with some local shock dealers to find king shocks ASAP. These mediocre cheap shocks are a waste of time and money for high speed off-roading. I tried tough dog 53mm Ralph, Amada extreme, billsteins, Gabriels as placeholders for kings and none got remotely close to the control, and comfort of a good quality 2.5 remote res shock (For what I am doing.)

6388488F-6A33-4F63-9C92-A8BAEAD4692B.jpeg

E8ACBD0F-94A3-47D5-8BA4-2C43344F2F5A.png

Rounding up some photos from a trip through NM, AZ, NV, UT, and CO over new years. Enjoy!
IMG_1765.JPG

IMG_1767.JPG

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

Took it to the garage this morning, owner told me it the cracks could be fixed no problem. So glad to hear that. Should be done in two days.

He found a couple more areas that need wielding work.

In the meantime, I need to get into contact with some local shock dealers to find king shocks ASAP. These mediocre cheap shocks are a waste of time and money for high speed off-roading. I tried tough dog 53mm Ralph, Amada extreme, billsteins, Gabriels as placeholders for kings and none got remotely close to the control, and comfort of a good quality 2.5 remote res shock (For what I am doing.)

View attachment 2599122

View attachment 2599126
what are you doing? that back tyre bald lol

what are you doing? that back tyre bald lol

That's how they roll in the middle east. Tall, skinny, and floaty. I think all the sand has something to do with it. 🤷‍♂️

Son of a Twitch! Old man winter got about a 2”x3” surface rust area on rear axle. I’ll sand and treat accordingly. However- every square inch of undercarriage is original,excellent and rust free. So I guess if I have to “Touch up a small area” then it’s not so bad. Damn Rust belt!!!
It’s 98% prestigious otherwise. So I can’t complain, just frustrating. I don’t drive in winter as much, try not to. Yet alternative is not owning a Land Cruiser and, Well - Can’t have that!

70C4A1D2-E80C-4B79-9FC4-12BADF508FAB.jpeg

D50FD483-E8EE-4BB9-8DE0-FF0BD761366B.jpeg

67BD8BDB-E915-45A0-A579-4F369DFB786C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom